Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took the advice of the users here and although I didn't have BLOCK ICE, I used bags. But your right, block ice would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

Anyway, went to Tahoe this weekend for my buddies backelor party. I didn't tell any one I had the cooler filled with beer and pepsi, but, it was a hit. I pulled up to the frisbee golf course and popped the truck.

WOOOOW EVeryone was fired up and loved this feature. The guys couldn't believe how cool that was. I had other people from the course coming over and checking it out. Picture show only had a case of beer + 12 of pepsie in there, but, I'f I spent the time to put all in nicely, I could have easy fit 3 cases

I did learn one VERY IMPORTANT LESSON. Make sure there is ice in there casue I let it dry up and I had 4 pepsies EXPLODE in there. HAHAHAH Pepsi everywhere!!!!

But, my trusty ridgeline allowed me to just hose it all down and all was good. Man I love this truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Very nice usage of the trunk!!! That's a great shot. I'll have to find the right occasion to break out this feature as well. ;)

L

·
0 Posts
When the Ridgeline first came out in March and I was at the dealership, we had a guest day featuring it. I filled the trunk with beverages for the guests and they loved it. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice pics. It looks like it was a blast. Where were the scantily clad women?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
H20MAN said:
Nice pics. It looks like it was a blast. Where were the scantily clad women?

What happens in Tahoe Stays in Tahoe ;)

No man, we're all married, kids, etc.... We all have beautiful wifes and kids. Our idea of fun is Sports, Beach and drink'n.

Here is the crue!!....We also did one of those old time photo's too I'll post it when it's online

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
Not trying to be preachy here, but caution is advised when involving beer, bachelor parties, and driving. Last weekend my wife had a work friend get killed when driving home from a bachelor party. He was drinking heavily and after the party he ran into a pole while speeding down a street. He was less than a block from getting home. A passenger in his car almost died as well and is still in the hospital with very serious injuries that may handicap him the rest of his life. The funeral is today.
No joke folks....don't drink and drive.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
basils said:
Not trying to be preachy here, but caution is advised when involving beer, bachelor parties, and driving. Last weekend my wife had a work friend get killed when driving home from a bachelor party. He was drinking heavily and after the party he ran into a pole while speeding down a street. He was less than a block from getting home. A passenger in his car almost died as well and is still in the hospital with very serious injuries that may handicap him the rest of his life. The funeral is today.
No joke folks....don't drink and drive.
You are so right! I hope we all on the ROC share that thought. Because if Socal ever has I meet and I'm there, I will be the official key master if drinks are present! I don't do alcohol! :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
I used my in- trunk cooler and it was a hit with everyone. The draw back was it took about 7 bags of ice due to it kept melting.The cooler would be better if it was insulated.
I still like it but now I store my horse gear in it.People still think its a great ideal even for storage.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
As I have often said here that the trunk has only one pupose - a beer cooler. That is all I use it for. 3 cases of beer and 8 bags of ice is about what it takes before it reaches up to the spare. It is not insulated so be sure to take the drain plug out or you will have a lake in there in no time.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shortspark said:
As I have often said here that the trunk has only one pupose - a beer cooler. That is all I use it for. 3 cases of beer and 8 bags of ice is about what it takes before it reaches up to the spare. It is not insulated so be sure to take the drain plug out or you will have a lake in there in no time.
I agree 50% I didn't take the drain plug out per say, I turned it unlocked and left it there. Seemed to work well.

CAUTION: Make sure you keep ice in here. Man, I shoud have taken a picture but, when I pulled up home from the Bach party, I had NO ice in there and about 4 Diet Pepsi's exploded all over the place. Man o man, what a mess.

But, my trusty Honda simply required a hose down, drain plug removed and a drive around the block. BAM Clean as a whistle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts