Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PRIORITY/ACTION REQUIRED

To: All Honda Service Managers/Advisors

Re: Request For Visit: 2005 Accord, Civic, Pilot, & 2006 Ridgeline Engine Oil Leaks

Background
American Honda (AHM) would like to inspect certain 2005 Accords, Civics, and Pilots, and 2006 Ridgelines that are leaking engine oil at the oil pump, the cam seals, the rear seal, or the main bearing side mount bolt.

NOTE: For AHM to fully understand the cause of this occurrence, we would like to inspect the vehicle prior to you attempting a repair of any kind.

See your dealer.

Thank you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i don't like the sound of it....................

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My advice.

"When you enter the airplane in anticipation of flying away on vacation to sunny Florida in the dead of a Cleveland winter and they come out to de-ice the wings, do you get off the plane and go home or do you stay on the plane and await take off??"

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
LadyRidge,

Let me ask you a warranty question. If I have a problem post-warranty that is cited in a TSB, will it get fixed when my truck is out of warranty, or is this up to the dealer's discretion?

·
Registered
460 Posts
ladyridge said:
My advice.

"When you enter the airplane in anticipation of flying away on vacation to sunny Florida in the dead of a Cleveland winter and they come out to de-ice the wings, do you get off the plane and go home or do you stay on the plane and await take off??"
huh??? :confused: what in the world ladyridge????? :eek:
you are just tooooo philosophic for pea brained me i guess.
but i say,,,,oh gawd, not oil leaks now!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Lets see, yer goin to Florida, dey got de ice (must be to keep da beer kold), an day got da wings (I likes hot wings best), but the planes leakin oil...

These riddles is just too hard for me but here goes, I say party on! Let em fix the plane when ya get there. Just put a extra quart of 50 weight in er, itll be ok.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shovelhd said:
LadyRidge,

Let me ask you a warranty question. If I have a problem post-warranty that is cited in a TSB, will it get fixed when my truck is out of warranty, or is this up to the dealer's discretion?
Although I am not a warranty clerk, my answer to you would be if a re-call was posted for that particular vehicle, with a specific vin sequence, it would be covered by Honda if it is post-warranty.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jeffiam said:
huh??? :confused: what in the world ladyridge????? :eek:
you are just tooooo philosophic for pea brained me i guess.
but i say,,,,oh gawd, not oil leaks now!!!!!!
Sorry...these muscle relaxers and pain killers that allow me to walk are getting the best of me. It made sense to me at the time. :confused: :eek:

·
Registered
167 Posts
ladyridge said:
My advice.

It reminds me of the time our flight was delayed due to a malfunctioning landing computer on a 747. The techs fixed it and then everyone boarded the plane w/out a thought and we were on our way!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nwdiver said:
It reminds me of the time our flight was delayed due to a malfunctioning landing computer on a 747. The techs fixed it and then everyone boarded the plane w/out a thought and we were on our way!
You mean I DID make sense? :D I knew I knew what I was talking about.

·
Registered
460 Posts
just a friendly reminder that we have not bought an airplane. nor does ridgeline fly........so, even though i did get a chuckle out of ultrahogs responses............... seriously, are all of the leaks desribed able to be found externally?

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I was on the tarmac in Cayman Islands for 2 hours after pilot pulled over to the side. A mechanic with a very large open ended wrench walked up to the plane and dissapeared under the plane. next thing we know we are taxying and then taking off. I sure hope Honda engineer wasnt using this big wrench on the oil pump.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts