Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just p/u my truck from Jiffylube and now see that they didn't reset the MM. How can I do that myself?

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Scroll through to the Service Required Now screen and press and hold the Reset button for 5 seconds.

It's in the manual, dude.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
tjblue, Welcome to the best Ridgeline forum on the web. I hope you've been poking around to learn about your great truck. You've seen how helpful this forum is, post a question and get it answered.

May I suggest in the title of any new threads that you not abbreviate and make it specific so we know right off what it's about. I wasn't sure what MM stood for.

It's good to have you onboard. I'm guessing your truck is BLUE from your name. We want to hear more from you. Swing by and formally introduce yourself here:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2743

Happy Truckin'

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome aboard.

A word of caution about JiffyLube. They stripped the bleeping snot out of my oil pan (different car) then tried to deny it. I had to take my case to their corporate office to get my car fixed.

Since then I swear by Honda and Acura to do my oil changes. I know they can screw up to.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is a reason that you dont see air drive ratchets in a Honda oil change bay... Jiffy lube and most of the others like that are there to make a buck and couldnt care less who they hire or what kind of care and service you get... Do I have an opinion??? sorry, but they did the same thing to me.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Like any other store or business, each one is different. Sometimes it is just a matter of which one is worse than the other. Sometime you can find one that stands out head and shoulders above the others. When you find one like that you will find that it is the local manager and the individuals that work there that make the difference. We have a local Jiffy Lube that is pretty good. In the past I have used them for routine oil changes for the 6 vehicles that I had to take care of. I have never had a problem with them and found their customer service to be pretty good. I won't be taking my Ridgeline, my wife's Accord or my daughters Element there though. My Honda dealer is almost as convenient and almost as fast. The dealer knows the Hondas and even though the Jiffy Lube is decent I still prefer the dealer for service. I would only go there now if it were some unusual circumstance such as forgetting to have the oil changed on schedule before a long trip and the dealer could not fit me in, which would be highly unlikely. The other vehicles were Chevys and are all gone now so it really doesn't matter.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I agree, you can't paint all quick lubes with the same brush. Try throwing the guy in the pit and the top fill guy a couple of dollars before they do your change and you will probably see a bit more attention to detail. These places are fine to go to if you find one you trust or the place seems constantly busy. A dead shop is a dead giveaway of bad word of mouth. And always check your oil level reguarly, no matter where you get serviced.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My niece just had to get a new engine that Jiffy Lube paid for because they put the wrong size filter on the car and it vibrated off and she lost all her oil.I will never go back to one of those places again.Beware!:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
mauikid said:
My niece just had to get a new engine that Jiffy Lube paid for because they put the wrong size filter on the car and it vibrated off and she lost all her oil.I will never go back to one of those places again.Beware!:eek:
Dang, what a bummer. Most of the quick lube joints around here are staffed by students of University of Northwestern Ohio, where a good number of students are mechanics in training. I've not heard any horror stories about any of them (the local quick lube joints) but I reckon anyone can screw up. I remember one guy telling the story of getting an oil change in a fleet truck, performed by the company's mechanic, and finding that he had forgotten to put the new oil in after draining the old. The only thing that saved the engine was the driver's anal habit of checking the oil after the truck was serviced. Good habit to adopt. :)

I haven't decided what I'm going to do in regards to oil changes but I reckon I'll start at the dealership and go somewhere else if I'm not happy with their service/prices.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Jiffy Lube = Low pay, unskilled, poorly trained. Sure, you may do fine going there 85-95% of the time. But it's the other percentage that would worry me. A Ridgeline cost minimum 30k right? Why risk such a fine vehicle on wanna-be lube techs? I've had them screw up on one of my vehicles before as well. They forgot to screw the drain plug in all the way and I had about a half quart leak out before I found it (all over my driveway). This is typical of low paid, often immature folks with a sometimes poor work ethic. I had a similar issue at a Walmart garage too. They forgot to tighten the oil filter down and I had oil leakage. After those incidents I very rarely would ever have them do it again. My wifes CR-V is a tough one to change and when my back goes out I have had Jiffy do it (my oil choice and filter). But I always double and triple check EVERTHING when they've done it. Luckily I've only had them do it three times in four years....and I still cringe! 99% of the time I do it myself.....the only person you can really trust.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
My 19 year old son and his best friend work at the local Kwick Lube and yes I did take my RL in to Honda last week for its service. Hey, what can I say, I love him, but no he can't drive it and no he is not going to work on it.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts