Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a stickler when it comes to my tire pressure. For whatever reason my right rear pressure gauge is showing 4 PSI more than what is really has in it. The others I fine, I have checked the pressure with 3 gauges and it does indeed read higher. Is their a way to reset the one which is off?

Thanks

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,636 Posts
Refresh my memory. Does the 2011 RTL show actual PSI in each tire?

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,894 Posts
I'm a stickler when it comes to my tire pressure. For whatever reason my right rear pressure gauge is showing 4 PSI more than what is really has in it. The others I fine, I have checked the pressure with 3 gauges and it does indeed read higher. Is their a way to reset the one which is off?Thanks
My quick guess is the HDS at a dealer, and possibly some tire shops would have a reader/reset tool. I'd make some calls, but it's just as likely the sensor is failing. Your getting a low pressure alert in that tire, when it's not, right

Refresh my memory. Does the 2011 RTL show actual PSI in each tire?
I've never heard of it giving a pressure, and I think by now You & I have read it all. I'm thinking a sensor is failing.

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,894 Posts
Thanks guys, YES is does show the actual pressure at each tire.
Wow, Learn something every day. I wonder if that was related to the '09 Tech Update, or if it was later. Kind of funny, that the RL was that advanced on that but so behind on other stuff.

My '15 FIT, has no sensors in the wheels, and determines low pressure by wheel speed sensor, which is similar to the '04 Toyota RAV he had.

· Registered
333 Posts
The tire pressure for each wheel only shows for vehicles with NAV.
To adjust the tire calibration with vehicles with NAV. Do the following:

1. Start the veh.
2. Turn on the radio and NAV.
3. Press the Map, Menu and Cancel button at the same time and hold.( a full menu of Diag choices should show.)
4. Pick Tire Calibration.

There should be an auto and manual option. I think the challenge you may have is it sounds like the one TPMS may need to be replaced in the future. Good Luck!

· Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
24,636 Posts
I suppose if you use a tire gauge and use that to calibrate your TPMS, at least it will be consistent when you adjust your tire calibration. It may not be accurate, but at least it will be consistent.

Several years ago I purchased what I considered a quality tire pressure gauge. Later, I bought another one. When I compared the two, I found a 2 psi difference in the normal range where I use them. So I contacted the mfg and sent them back and had them both calibrated. I hope they stay calibrated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.