Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an exhaust question guys. Trying to figure out if doing a resonator delete will mess up the back pressure(heard this a few times), need options.

But if the back pressure will get screwed up, instead of doing a resonator delete, can i replace the stock resonator with a cherry bomb glass pack? and still have my muffler?

are you allowed to use cherry bombs as a resonator?

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Have an exhaust question guys. Trying to figure out if doing a resonator delete will mess up the back pressure(heard this a few times), need options.

But if the back pressure will get screwed up, instead of doing a resonator delete, can i replace the stock resonator with a cherry bomb glass pack? and still have my muffler?

are you allowed to use cherry bombs as a resonator?
In terms of what "allowed", I believe that's dictated by what fits, local/state law and what your ear likes.

Recommend reading thru the tons of info already posted on the forum. Member JonB has posted quite a bit of his exhaust system experience in a few different threads.

Another recommendation: be aware that one mans drone is another mans pipe music.

Try reading this one, it might have reference to most of what you are asking.
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/7-under-hood-performance/122458-yonaka-motorsports-cat-back-pics.html

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Removing resonator will cause some drone. I would leave the resonator and use a muffler of your choice for more sound but a little less drone. I have 2.5" pipe from cat to flowmaster dbx to side exit 2.5. A little droney But my ears are young. I want to change it to a 2.25 pipe to see if it will reduce drone.

I don't know about the glass pack replacing resonator...I think it would be cheap enough to give it a try. Might get a little bit of a throaty sound with the stock muffler.

·
Registered
39 Posts
MagnaFlow 10415. I left my stock muffler and replaced huge rear resonator with this. Small sound increase just like I was after. If you have a MagnaFlow as primary muffler, this would probably work well as resonator.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts