Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy, does this truck polarize people! Just got my C&D and it has the response from "readers" on the truck comparo they had. To save you some time, it's the same old tired hand-wringing that goes on in, say, AUTOBLOG. At one point, it brought out the "fight" in me, but the diatribe that these folks use has gotten old and tired. Now I just feel sorry for them.
Don't ya just love your Ridgeline?!?!

·
Registered
22 Posts
The only American car, sad to say this but its true, that's worth owning slightly used (1-3 yrs old, not new) is the Corvette.

I have had 4 of them, a fun car. I love the new one. In a year or two, I'll buy one with 3 to 5k on one or less miles for 55% of the orig price.

A vert is out there now or will be built soon that someone will baby and I'll buy it hardly used for a steal.

Joe

·
Registered
15 Posts
After reading the comments on the Ridgeline in the C&D forum, I feel better and better about my purchase. The more my Ridgeline pisses people off, the happier I am! :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
There are plenty of American cars worth buying.

For example the Suburu Outback (Indiana) or the Toyota Tacoma (California) or some Nissans (TN, MS), the Ridgeline (Canada)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would have to agree, it seems that these people who responded in Car and Driver (I just read the responses in my copy) are pretty pissed off and AWFUL jealous of the Ridgeline. :)

It seems that our TRUCK / SUT has them on the defensive. One gentlemen (loosely used title) complained about the Colorado not being ranked and that C&D previously sang praises of it. But the editor responded that was before the Ridge was out and tested.

The way I look at it, when a new and innovative model comes out, and has success, it will make all vehicles in that class better.

Also, did you see that the Ridge had its best sales month so far, when incentives were offered by the big 3?

BTW, I have shown my truck to many of my friends. All of them thought it was cool, the inbed trunk, the Nav, In dash 6 CD changer, the seats, the comfort and the ride.

For me, an owner of a small manufacturing company, it is perfect for my lifestyle. I have 2 girls, 5 and 8 and my wife even loves the Ridge. She hated my Toyota Tacoma. When we test drove it in early July, she said, please buy the Ridge, so I did. :)

I am very happy with my purchase. GREAT JOB HONDA!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

·
Registered
774 Posts
Whaleya said:
There are plenty of American cars worth buying.

For example the Suburu Outback (Indiana) or the Toyota Tacoma (California) or some Nissans (TN, MS), the Ridgeline (Canada)
Don't forget Accords (Ohio) and Camrys (Kentucky). Rumor has it that there are quite of few of these being purchased these days. I really hadn't noticed since all I see are Malibus, Impalas and LaSabres (Yawn).

·
Registered
774 Posts
I loved the comment from the guy who claimed the bed was too high to be a serious Home Depot hauler. He forgot about the functionality of the swinging gate that allows you much closer access to the bed than ANY other pickup truck on the market. He should have joined me when I loaded 1200lbs of landscaping materials in a Lowe's parking lot. PIECE OF CAKE :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I hear ya, denvrfan. They just don't seem to get that it's wider (49") and taller than the other 5' beds, making it MUCH more useful. I'm a member of the 1200 pound club too, and nothing I've owned drove and handled as well as the Ridgeline with that kind of load in it. This includes full sized domestics.

L

·
0 Posts
earthgolf said:
After reading the comments on the Ridgeline in the C&D forum, I feel better and better about my purchase. The more my Ridgeline pisses people off, the happier I am! :D
Me too..me too!!!
:D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Yea, no shotgun rack....that's why they don't like it!

Disenchanted ******** who probably drive 1970's pick-up trucks (granted, at least American trucks were made better back then.....) whistling that banjo theme from 'Deliverance'..... :D

I haven't read the comments nor care to. The magazine 'they' so religiously care for gave them a taste of truth. That's why desparate times calls for employee discount rates!

Just a case of sore losers.....again....

Ridgeline RULES!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
It just kills me to what insane levels people will take "brand loyalty" to.
I bought a Honda Ridgeline because the last Chevrolet truck I had was a lemon and Chevrolet didn't stand behind it. I love my first generation Camaros and always will, but I'm not going to be a brand loyal customer to Chevrolet if they don't take care of me. Any manufacturer should have to earn it's customers.
Honda earned my business, because I loved the new Ridgeline and both Accords that my wife has owned have been nearly perfect. If Honda screws up, I'll buy elsewhere next time.

Why do people seem to attach their ego's to a car company like it was their cities football team or something? Maybe it's a NASCAR thing, I don't know.

Bottom line, if your going to be brand loyal, at least make the brand earn it!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
earthgolf said:
After reading the comments on the Ridgeline in the C&D forum, I feel better and better about my purchase. The more my Ridgeline pisses people off, the happier I am! :D[/QUOTE

EXACTLY!!! LOL! Boy, then I am one happy Ridgeline owner!

"Ridgeline Owners Club...Pissing off one American truck buyer at a time..."
FORD: Fix Or Repair Daily...
"Silverado. Like a Crock.."

;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Another sick thought. Two bumper stickers. On the left side it says:

When I grow up I wanna be a (fill in the blank of your favorite Big 3 truck)

"When I grow up I wanna be a FORD F-150!"

Then on a separate bumper sticker on the far right hand side of the bumper:

NOT!!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Those guys are sure pissed off about the Ridgeline coming 1st in C&D's comparrison. I came from full si's to the Ridgeline. It did not take long for me to fully appreciate the Ridgelines qualities. I am very happy with my Ridgeline. My back feels be after the great ride and I have cut my gas bill in half each month. All the saftey feature hel[ed save my butt when I went through a gulley washer the other week. So let them bitch I say, we all know what agreat truck we have.

·
Registered
578 Posts
denvrfan said:
I loved the comment from the guy who claimed the bed was too high to be a serious Home Depot hauler. He forgot about the functionality of the swinging gate that allows you much closer access to the bed than ANY other pickup truck on the market. He should have joined me when I loaded 1200lbs of landscaping materials in a Lowe's parking lot. PIECE OF CAKE :)

too high, haha, does he normally load stuff fromt he side of the truck? If he does, then, well, nothing we can do to help this person.

I think it's human nature to become defensive when something really threatens what they have established to be "true". If it doesn't ride like a "truck", built like an ancient "truck", unrefined like a "truck", then it's not a truck. Nevermind that the Ridgeline had MORE load capacity than all of those other trucks. Never mind that it has more ground clearance than the dodge, more towing capacity than the colorado, have 4WD... etc.

It's ok... I dig this truck. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yea, no shotgun rack....that's why they don't like it!
What the heck do you need a rack for? I put my rifles in the trunk, dry, safe and secure storage. I do have a couple pre 1900 long rifles that I put under the rear seat when headed to to the range.

BTW, every one of the people at my gun club that have seen the ridge have had nothing but positive comments, once I showed them around the truck...even the guys with gun racks in old Fords and Chevys :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
JollyGreen said:
What the heck do you need a rack for? I put my rifles in the trunk, dry, safe and secure storage. I do have a couple pre 1900 long rifles that I put under the rear seat when headed to to the range.

BTW, every one of the people at my gun club that have seen the ridge have had nothing but positive comments, once I showed them around the truck...even the guys with gun racks in old Fords and Chevys :D
if i knew you had a truck full of guns i guess i would have nothing but postive things to say about about your truck, you , whatever. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts