Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was about to toss the shipping tubes that came with the Retrax Pro MX when I noticed the size looked pretty close to the ID if the train tubes from the canister and the OD looked close to the size of the weep holes in the bed.

Cut off a couple of short sections and picked up a coupe of stainless steel hose clamps from the hardware store.

And worked them into the weep holes in the corner.

Seems like it will work fine. I'll see what happens next time it rains.

Cliff

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was about to toss the shipping tubes that came with the Retrax Pro MX when I noticed the size looked pretty close to the ID if the train tubes from the canister and the OD looked close to the size of the weep holes in the bed.

Cut off a couple of short sections and picked up a coupe of stainless steel hose clamps from the hardware store.

Cliff
Nice, I had mine installed on Monday and the dude told me he had to drill holes in my bed in which he did. I wish i had told him not to...Oh well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just installed my new Retrax MX Pro cover on my 2017 RTL E. I trimmed the drain tube length required. I took the shipping tubing inserted full length plus 2". The 2" extra fit in the corner weep hole before bottoming out in the trough under the bed. I did not use a hose clamp. I made sure the shipping tubbing went to the bottom of the adapter that locks into the storage box. It made a nice installation. Kinked drain hose will not be an issue here.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Cliff

Would you by any chance be able to repost your original photos (no longer available here)? Overall, how have things worked out with PRO MX for you since? I have the same cover due this week for my '19 truck!

Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts

Cliff
Nice, I had mine installed on Monday and the dude told me he had to drill holes in my bed in which he did. I wish i had told him not to...Oh well.
images blocked. Please repost.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just installed my new Retrax MX Pro cover on my 2017 RTL E. I trimmed the drain tube length required. I took the shipping tubing inserted full length plus 2". The 2" extra fit in the corner weep hole before bottoming out in the trough under the bed. I did not use a hose clamp. I made sure the shipping tubbing went to the bottom of the adapter that locks into the storage box. It made a nice installation. Kinked drain hose will not be an issue here.
Could you post pics?

·
Registered
122 Posts
How is the water tightness? I hear that the regular retrax one doesn't leak as much due to the pro having individual slat with gaskets and the cheaper retrax one is one full sheet. Can u comment on this?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts