Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RETRAX is proud to introduce the all new RetraxPRO retractable pickup bed cover! All of the same great RETRAX technology but with a twist...all aluminum construction!

This cover is made of heavy duty aluminum slats connected by durable and flexible thermoplastic elastomer seals. It glides on sealed ball bearings and is key lockable in any position.

We feel so confident about the RetraxPRO that we are backing it with a limited lifetime warranty! Find more information today by calling us at 1-800-206-4070 or emailing us at [email protected].

RETRAX

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi...

Does it leak like the original one?

I purchased mine 3 years ago and it's never been good. When I questioned the problem from where it was installed and purchased, I was told that they were never intended to be watertight. Same as a car trunk; they're not supposed to be watertight, either.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Good Day Fellow Ridgeliners, I just traded in my 06' Ridgeline RTL for a 2014 Ridgeline SE. I'm looking into buying a new Retrax cover for it. I had the original retrax on my 06, when I traded it in. I was looking at the Retrax Pro model, but I have some concerns with the rubber hinges holding the slabs together cracking over time since they're made of rubber. I'm also concerned while opening and closing the cover, dirt getting in between the slabs as they flex open and close during operating the cover, maybe jamming them. I was also wondering if the Retrax Pro is more water proof than the Retrax One version? My original Retrax on my 06' leaked a bit, so anytime I put luggage in the back, when it was raining I had to put them in plastic bags. Kindly let me know if anybody's had any experience with either or both covers? And if the $500.00+ extra for the Pro version is worth it. I installed a Retrax One on my father's 2012 Ridgeline a year ago and I noticed the improvements made compared to my original one on my 06' ridgeline. Also is Randy still the person to contact over at Retrax to get a discounted rate? And if so, what's the price for both covers with the discount? So, far the cheapest I've found, has been on Amazon.com. Thank You all in advance for any info relating to my questions.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Good Day Fellow Ridgeliners, I just traded in my 06' Ridgeline RTL for a 2014 Ridgeline SE. I'm looking into buying a new Retrax cover for it. I had the original retrax on my 06, when I traded it in. I was looking at the Retrax Pro model, but I have some concerns with the rubber hinges holding the slabs together cracking over time since they're made of rubber. I'm also concerned while opening and closing the cover, dirt getting in between the slabs as they flex open and close during operating the cover, maybe jamming them. I was also wondering if the Retrax Pro is more water proof than the Retrax One version? My original Retrax on my 06' leaked a bit, so anytime I put luggage in the back, when it was raining I had to put them in plastic bags. Kindly let me know if anybody's had any experience with either or both covers? And if the $500.00+ extra for the Pro version is worth it. I installed a Retrax One on my father's 2012 Ridgeline a year ago and I noticed the improvements made compared to my original one on my 06' ridgeline. Also is Randy still the person to contact over at Retrax to get a discounted rate? And if so, what's the price for both covers with the discount? So, far the cheapest I've found, has been on Amazon.com. Thank You all in advance for any info relating to my questions.
I have been only pleased with my Retrax (One), but don't have experience with the new Pro. I think best info regarding this question might be had from Retrax directly (NOT via dealer). I was very well assisted by the great folks at Retrax way back when, and can't imagine things have changed much. They were very helpful & straight-forward with their advise (dealers not so much... most dealers have multiple brands they peddle and are not "expert" on Retrax). Look at post #1 in this thread and click on "Retrax" at the left (where author of post is shown). You can send the a PM to get direct contact info, if you can't find it elsewhere. I was surprised it is not flagged somewhere obvious on the forum.... maybe they did not renew their sponsorship. Anyway, they provided a good discount & great advise on installation. Good Luck, and let us know what you find elsewhere regarding comparison info (One vs. Pro). Thanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have been only pleased with my Retrax (One), but don't have experience with the new Pro. I think best info regarding this question might be had from Retrax directly (NOT via dealer). I was very well assisted by the great folks at Retrax way back when, and can't imagine things have changed much. They were very helpful & straight-forward with their advise (dealers not so much... most dealers have multiple brands they peddle and are not "expert" on Retrax). Look at post #1 in this thread and click on "Retrax" at the left (where author of post is shown). You can send the a PM to get direct contact info, if you can't find it elsewhere. I was surprised it is not flagged somewhere obvious on the forum.... maybe they did not renew their sponsorship. Anyway, they provided a good discount & great advise on installation. Good Luck, and let us know what you find elsewhere regarding comparison info (One vs. Pro). Thanks.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Yeah, Unfortunately it seems Retrax no longer wants to do direct sales.... instead they seem to be using distributor dealers exclusively. Too bad, 'cause their people were really good to deal with. I think this killed our club discount as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts