Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received a video from ReTrax and looked at it today. It did not show the Ridgeline in the tape.
I will send them an email for a phone call to gather more info. They called once while I was out.
I will address the issue with the trunk.
The tape did show a fair amount of weather stripping that would probably keep most out. The entire install looks simple, even for me , requiring a 9/16 socket and a screwdriver. Their estimate is a 1 hour install time. I did not see any drilling.
It also addressed the vacuum problem. They supply an extra gasket to fit the base of the tailgate where they said the sucking part happens.
More info as I get it
Jules

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I really do want to order one of these but I sure would like to hear some comments from an existing ROC member that has installed one on their own Ridgeline. Has anyone installed a Retrax or a BAK Industries cover yet?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey U-H have you seen the video?
It is pretty explicit including the install.
If they can tell me it won't interfere with the trunk (which I use all the time) I will buy one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm also interested in the cover and how it might interact with the trunk. Also, I'd like to know if either company provides a way to lock the tailgate. Since the tailgate isn't normally lockable and opens two different ways this seems like it might be a difficult task.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I ordered the video from their web site and sent them yet another eMail. No response yet. I have not seen the video of the Retrax installation. I have seen the video of the RollBak cover on a conventional truck bed. I would order one today if I could get specific information about the in bed trunk clearance issue and if I could see detailed pictures of the installation on a Ridgeline. I also want to know about how they handle the water drain lines from the canister. I would really like to hear from an existing ROC member that has installed one on their own vehicle. I believe that I saw information on another thread about the in bed trunk lid that indicated that the widest part of the trunk lid does hit the mounting rail system and limits the ability to open the trunk all the way but not so much that it creates a major problem. I will search again for that post and reply here when I find it. Sorry for not finding it before getting this far.
I think that this topic has spread out a bit too far and we should suggest that a single thread be organized for rollup covers in general. Sorry again if I have contributed to the spread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts