Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, things aren't going as planned. I picked up a second set of headlights and painted them a while back so I could return to stock, and if anything went wrong (like now) I would still have a functioning truck.

When removing the reflector from the housing, people said to just pull. So I did. Both came free. I painted them and then went about reinstalling them into the housing. One went fine. The other has some issues. Apparently the swiveling standoff on one of the little posts has broken. There are a total of three that the reflector snaps into. One is for the adjustment, and the other two hold the reflector in place. It's one of the other two that has snapped.

Good one:

Broken one:

I've thought about applying some CA glue to the standoff and quickly working the reflector back into place, but I'm concerned that it won't hold, especially through the heavy outdoor temperature swings. Thoughts?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, there are more problems. On both housings, the bulb will spin in its space which prevents me from attaching the ignitor. It's as if the spring doesn't have enough tension or something. Not something I've read about...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was able to fix the spinning bulb. Discard the 3 pronged washer, then manually clock the projector and tighten the flat washer with channel locks. I was able to aim the driver's side headlight this way.

However, the passenger side must also have a stripped adjuster, as it slid back and forth on it. Guess I need at least one more headlight...

·
Registered
233 Posts
I would suggest posting this up with pictures on hidplanet.com I also was unable to use the alignment washer. I tightened mine down and firmed it up with JB Weld.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts