Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son reversed the polarity while trying to jump my 2007 Ridgeline.
The vehicle starts, headlights, brake lights, radio, heater, dome lights and horn work just fine.

These things don't work...
Shift lock
Blinkers
Wipers
Power windows
Dash light and gauges

I have changes the two main larger fuses under the hood and checked many of the smaller ones.

Does anyone have any insight? I have talked to Honda dealer and he said I shouldn't have much damage and it is likely a just a fuse.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I don't know about an 07( I drive a 10)
But you may three fuse boxes. 2 in engine bay. 1 large and a small one just in front of firewall left side. Other is main box in cabin. You may have to check all fuses.
Tell him next time he jumps a dead car, pos cable on pos battery post. Negative to engine ground, never straight battery to battery.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Or as I'm thinking Honda likes to use dual fuses like 100/70 in one block. Usually held in main under hood box by screws. We're any of these fuses you changed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I changed both of the ones that are held down by screws. Purchased from Honda dealership.

I also put in a new battery after leaving it overnight without a battery.

Or as I'm thinking Honda likes to use dual fuses like 100/70 in one block. Usually held in main under hood box by screws. We're any of these fuses you changed?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I like what ridged said ,but go one further. Disconnect both battery terminals tie them together for about 15 minutes. That completely clears the computer of an?y odd codes. Then reconnect. ?

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts