Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 09' RTL about 5 years ago at 200k miles. I did the Aisin timing belt kit right away. New struts all around. I tow most of the time for work, leave my trailer connected to my Ridge, and drive a smaller car. I have a 20ft Aluma Trailer weighs 1300lbs, and my loads are 1700 or 3400. So I am towing 3000lbs to 4700lbs for almost 63,000 miles. I change my transmission fluid every 15k, just drain and fill 3.5qts.
I drive to remote locations, farms, and ranches. at about 240,000 miles I started getting paranoid about my alternator going out and bought a brand new OEM alternator. Not a rebuilt, brand new from dealer No core required. I hauled the alternator around with me for about 10,000 miles in the backseat, just in case. At 250,000 miles, before a 1200 mile winter trip to Glenwood Springs, Colorado, I pulled the functional alternator out and swapped in the new alternator, reused existing serpentine belt. Sold the alternator on Ebay and is still going strong. At 261,000 miles, using the severe maintenance schedule. I was due for another timing belt. This time I didn't replace the water pump, I only replaced the timing belt and tensioner, and two pulleys. I bought the pulley with the New shim to get rid of the chirping noise at start up. I found my Tensioner was leaking after 60,000 miles of extreme service. Towing 4700lbs regularly the rpms stay high, on a recent trip I could only maintain 65mph with wide open throttle going up hill. I do a lot of preventative maintenance, have replaced the thermostat, EGR valve, flush power steering often, VTM every 15k, synthetic oil every 5000-7000 miles, sometimes using 0w-20 and 5w-20. Premium oil filters. I'm at 263,000 now, all good as far as drive train. Replaced headliner, both arm rests, Lumbar support doesn't work anymore. Window regulator went out last month, replaced that, Can't get AUTO function to work. New Sunroof seal, new windshield. I had the ignition switch fail, fortunately happened in my driveway and couldn't get the key to turn. Had it towed to dealer and they replaced the ignition cylinder and had a locksmith rekey it, so both my existing keys would work. Replaced 6 speakers, the doors were all ripped, tweeters barely worked. All compliance bushings, sway bar end links, upper and lower control arms, replaced as preventative. Running Raysbestos element3 brake pads, a little noisier when cold. Continental H/T tires. Not sure if anyone has towed this much, but I am hoping to keep her going.

·
Registered
2007 RTL Steel Blue
570 Posts
That’s awesome! To get the “auto” function to work on your power windows, simply press the button to lower the window but do not release the button for 3 to 5 seconds after the window reaches the bottom. Then raise the window but do not release the button until 3 to 5 seconds after the window fully closes.

What brand did you use for the lower control arms?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s awesome! To get the “auto” function to work on your power windows, simply press the button to lower the window but do not release the button for 3 to 5 seconds after the window reaches the bottom. Then raise the window but do not release the button until 3 to 5 seconds after the window fully closes.

What brand did you use for the lower control arms?
Thanks, I will try that. Beck/Arnley for suspension stuff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts