Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On I-80 last night in the dark and hit a semi tire truck tread left in my lane doing 80-85. Went right under the center, two awful sounding thuds but alas no damage. I thought something would have been broken from that hit but all looks well under there. Good enough pig.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
On I-80 last night in the dark and hit a semi tire truck tread left in my lane doing 80-85. Went right under the center, two awful sounding thuds but alas no damage. I thought something would have been broken from that hit but all looks well under there. Good enough pig.
whew. Rubber gators are a surprise in the day light! It probably looked like a real gator.

·
Registered
141 Posts
That tread was just soft! Big old wooden pallet would have been a different outcome. (I accidentally missed one after dark a few years ago. Scared the heck out of me)

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
whew. Rubber gators are a surprise in the day light! It probably looked like a real gator.
That tread was just soft! Big old wooden pallet would have been a different outcome. (I accidentally missed one after dark a few years ago. Scared the heck out of me)
And those are two reasons why I don't drive in Phoenix on the freeways at night, anymore, on my Harley...too many close calls recently to risk it unless I absolutely have no choice....:surprise:

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
And those are two reasons why I don't drive in Phoenix on the freeways at night, anymore, on my Harley...too many close calls recently to risk it unless I absolutely have no choice....:surprise:
Didn't want to bring this up but someone hit a lawn mower that fell of the back of a truck in front of him!
the horror...did some damage to his BRAND NEW truck.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Years ago a car hit a tread, it flew up from under his wheels and hit my hood, nice dent that I couldn't do anything about.
That kind of **** pisses me off, I have no idea if truckers know when the treads come off or not, but if they do I suspect they couldn't care less.

Worse than that is dump trucks not covering their load and getting pelted with their crap as they drive down the road

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Worse than that is dump trucks not covering their load and getting pelted with their crap as they drive down the road
Happened to me Friday...first windshield divot from a loaded dump full of landscape rock....oh, well, better to get it out of the way, I say!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Years ago a car hit a tread, it flew up from under his wheels and hit my hood, nice dent that I couldn't do anything about.
That kind of **** pisses me off, I have no idea if truckers know when the treads come off or not, but if they do I suspect they couldn't care less.
they do care, or most of them (me) care but they do not always know. Way back in the trailer, it is possible that they never knew, and if the tire does not go flat (entirely possible) they wont know until they check.
LANDSCAPING TRUCKS! They should be arrested! Those guy BLOW the crap into the roadway no matter what, and I have gotten blasted on my motorcycle! I hate them. They should get littering tickets.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
LANDSCAPING TRUCKS! They should be arrested! Those guy BLOW the crap into the roadway no matter what, and I have gotten blasted on my motorcycle! I hate them. They should get littering tickets.
+1:|

My other pet peeve on a M/C is when you are driving at night and someone throws a lit cigarette out their window and it lands on your windshield and explodes in a flash of burning tobacco....Doesn't happen often but when it does....:surprise:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts