Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple of pics of a recent trip up the mountains. Both pictures were taken on Hudson Mountain in British Columbia Canada in October. When the first snow fall hits the hills we boot up with the kids who have a great time in their first dump of white stuff. On this trip we were also pre-scouting for a quality Christmas tree (they will be harder to find when covered with a few more feet of snow).

The trucks performance was exceptional...I'm looking forward to December and hauling down our prime specimen.

http://www3.telus.net/public/birdkkbr/

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Beautiful! I love the way snow looks, I just don't like being cold. We've had the peaks covered but nothing in the valley yet.

L

·
0 Posts
BREATH TAKING!!! Simply breath taking.
That scenery isn't too bad either!! ;)
Welcome to the family kbird...we're glad you're here with that Silver Ridgeline.
Keep coming back.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Wow, WOW, WOW, WOW!

I am supremely jealous of that scenery! It is breathtaking. You take awesome pics :)

SEND MORE :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I want snow so I can take pictures like that with my red Ridgeline ;). I should get some okay pictures this year, although I will be in sunny southern California for Christmas so probably won't see much snow for Christmas this year. Then again there wasn't much snow last Christmas up in Maine.

Can you get away with harvesting a wild Christmas tree up there? or is it one of those sneak off into the woods and hope no one notices? (done that myself).

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
kbird said:
Here's a couple of pics of a recent trip up the mountains. Both pictures were taken on Hudson Mountain in British Columbia Canada in October. When the first snow fall hits the hills we boot up with the kids who have a great time in their first dump of white stuff. On this trip we were also pre-scouting for a quality Christmas tree (they will be harder to find when covered with a few more feet of snow).

The trucks performance was exceptional...I'm looking forward to December and hauling down our prime specimen.

http://www3.telus.net/public/birdkkbr/
KBIRD: Your pics are beautiful. British Columbia looks like a very beautiful place to live. All we have down here are Swamps, but they also have their beauty...............especially the Wild Life.............Egrets, Gators, Eagles, lots of Bird Life. We get many Ducks and Geese from Canada down in SW La.
We are in the middle of the MS flyway. Have a Great Holiday!!!!!!!!!

BCP:D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
captmiddy said:
I want snow so I can take pictures like that with my red Ridgeline ;). I should get some okay pictures this year, although I will be in sunny southern California for Christmas so probably won't see much snow for Christmas this year. Then again there wasn't much snow last Christmas up in Maine.

Can you get away with harvesting a wild Christmas tree up there? or is it one of those sneak off into the woods and hope no one notices? (done that myself).
We try to make sure we don't take one out of someone's front yard :D...but
pretty much every where else is open season...6000 people and thousands of un-populated miles...

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Really nice photos! Thanks, now I've got to get my jacket on. Hehe:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Very Nice Photo's, Kbird! By the way, where about's is Hudson Mountain? I've been through the usual spots, Banff Parkway and up to Cadimin off the Forestry TrunK Road in a AMC Pacer (I swear it's true) and camping with the family while touring wineries around Kelona, but never far off from civilization.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Great pics, thanks for sharing! I am hoping that all this warm weather in PA will go away soon so I can play in the smow with my Ridgeline too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hound said:
Very Nice Photo's, Kbird! By the way, where about's is Hudson Mountain? I've been through the usual spots, Banff Parkway and up to Cadimin off the Forestry TrunK Road in a AMC Pacer (I swear it's true) and camping with the family while touring wineries around Kelona, but never far off from civilization.
Hudson Mountain guards Smithers British Columbia. If you are familiar with the wine district of Kelowna you travel north about 5 hours to Prince George, hang a left and travel 4 hours to Smithers. Smithers is a great year around town with tons of outdoor pursuits. We'll be hosting practice for the 2010 Winter Olympics and our ski hill is being developped by the people who own Whistler and Blackcomb. It is a very interesting type of trip if you enjoy driving ;), mountain biking, hiking, fishing or hunting. You can also drive right to the coast and take a ferry back to Vancouver...a very scenic look at the rocky west coast of Canada.

Oh and you aren't the only one whose driven vehicles like the Pacer up some mountain trails. I've seen more then a few such cars in places one might assume they have no business being...of course some of them are still there to this very day:eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have GOT to get up to Canada! Been putting it off too long. I've been purchasing camping equipment when it goes on sale at the local sporting goods stores, so I'm getting there.
btw, do they have good fishing up there, if so... what does a fishing license cost for non Canadians?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Very Nice, I'll be in Vancouver on the 15th minus my ridge and I'm already missing it it!!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jojolimited said:
I have GOT to get up to Canada! Been putting it off too long. I've been purchasing camping equipment when it goes on sale at the local sporting goods stores, so I'm getting there.
btw, do they have good fishing up there, if so... what does a fishing license cost for non Canadians?
Man is there ever fishing. Fishing licenses range a little based upon season and fish and for non-residents...Fresh water say for trout is $30 canadian which is what about $20 US. To fish our pacific salmon you need the fresh water license and a stamp for each fish which is around $10 Canadian or about $7 US. Provincial and National camp sites fill up fast during the summer months and can be booked on-line. Some of the best deals are municipal camp sites...most can be booked through city halls on the net also. Of course any Ridgeliner who finds there way up North is more then welcome to our guest suite. Also don't forget your mountain bike! Even with the relatively high Canadian dollar travelling up here is a fantastic deal for Americans and we definitely love hosting our southern neighbours!

http://www.town.smithers.bc.ca/

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hound asked:
Very Nice Photo's, Kbird! By the way, where about's is Hudson Mountain?
If you use the GPS co-ordinates that KBIRD gave (58 48N, 127 12W) and put them in Google Earth, you will be whisked away to the exact spot he took the pictures from. Just off Simcoe Ave., which is just west of REGINA STREET :eek:

Absolutely gorgeous views!

·
Registered
186 Posts
kbird said:
Even with the relatively high Canadian dollar travelling up here is a fantastic deal for Americans and we definitely love hosting our southern neighbours!

http://www.town.smithers.bc.ca/
Kbird.... WOW....

Thanks for the link to Smithers..... what a great looking place. I love the Kootenay Pass webcam:
http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/bchighwaycam/WebCam.aspx?img=6 )

Looks pretty snowy up there.... but it is January! ;)

Smithers is a LONG way from the foothills of northeastern South Carolina... but, I'd love to make the trip some day!

Thanks again for sharing!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts