Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my Ridgeline for about 5 months and have put over 11K miles on him but only driving to and from work. I've never really been in him for more than a hour at a time. This weekend I went from the NYC area to the Pocono Mountains for a boys only retreat with three old college buddies. I put over 400 miles on him and really enjoyed taking a long drive in him.

Here are some ramblings from the trip:

1) Just before the trip get my front windows tinted to match the rest and like having a little more privacy. Truck looks better with all windows tinted black to match the color of the truck. I'm told not to roll windows down for 3 days, have to remember that and hope I don't get stopped for speeding and have to roll the window down!

2) Drive up to the Poconos in the dark and in a torrential downpoar. Ridge handles great in the rain. Enjoy the XM radio and get great reception the whole way. Don't even try the FM radio as that reception stinks in the NYC area let alone out in the boondocks of PA.

3) Tinted front windows are taking a little getting used to in the dark.

4) Notice that there's a little light in the cargo hold of the console. Knew about the little light that shines down from the homelink buttons but had never noticed the console light. Finding something new about the truck. Cool.

5) Meet up with the college buddies, the four of us decide to take the truck out for dinner and the "gentleman's club" we're going to. First time I had two adults in the back seat. Both are big guys and they have plenty of room. Everyone is raving about the Ridgeline....these guys aren't "car guys" so they're never even heard that Honda makes a truck. They like it a lot.

6) Huge coooler of beer and groceries for the next day fit nicely in the truck. College buddies like the trunk and dual acting tailgate.

7) Nice talent at the "Gentleman's Club"...the Grandview.

8) Next morning, rest of the buddies are sleeping off the hangovers. This designated driver is perky so I go out and get the Sunday New York Times and donuts....get a $100 speeding ticket and open the door instead of rolling down the window! Great.

9) Laywer buddy who drives a Lexus asks how much the Ridgeline cost and is surprised I only paid $33K. He thought it cost a lot more, says he's going to consider one for his next purchase.

10) Heading back home I see another black Ridgeline up again. Speed up to get along side and wave. It's being driven by an attractive late 20s early 30s woman with funky glasses. No one else in the truck with her. It's got temporary Illinois plates and she's heading east to NYC like me. Wonder whats up with that. She doesn't look over at me. I pass her.

11) Pass an old VW van with Ohio plates, it has NYC or Die spray painted on the side. 20 something guys looks over at my Ridge and gives me the thumbs up.

12) Pass some guy pulling an old civil war cannon on trailer. Wierd.

13) Fun trip with the Ridge, got to go on another long trip soon.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
$100!!! oh my. Then maybe that is just 3 miles over, I really don't know, never had a ticket to know.

The rest sounded pretty interesting though. Especially the canon driving on the road.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
NIce write-up. Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
It's always a joy to show of the Ridge, isn't it? I hope you get some more pleasure miles on soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts