Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E White/Beige HPD bronze (no decals)
94 Posts
Here’s my list to tear apart:
A. Hood protector. There are just too many stones on the road that get flung up creating stone chips.
Another vote for the hood protector, I nearly bought one when my truck was brand new but figured it wasn't that important. Within the first 1k miles I had 2 chips on the front edge of the hood. I have one now but should have bought it sooner.

5. Glove box organizer
I love the OCD glove box organizer, it's perfect. I have the OCD console organizer too, it's not perfect but better than nothing.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
1,308 Posts
It looks like your Ridgeline has a mini staircase on the back now.
Yes, I could never put something like that on my truck. I couldn't bear looking at that every day, let alone the thought of all those people laughing at my truck behind my back :).

Best accessories:
  • Tonneau cover (Bakflip MX4)
  • Maxpider mats F+R
  • Coverking seat covers (if you're into activities that leave you wet and dirty!)
  • Bedrug
  • Chrome delete / debadge (not sure that is acutally an accessory, but biggest bang-for-the-buck improvement)

·
Registered
2022 BE PWP
233 Posts
I’ve always resisted Drop Stop type products since my late parents were proponents, and it feels a little like wearing white socks with Birkenstocks. But I definitely can see the utility.

I note Amazon carries it, so I’d have easy free return if I don’t like them. Hmmmm…

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I love the OCD glove box organizer, it's perfect.
This is one of those stupid little things you think wouldn't be worth the effort that turns out to work surprisingly well.
I bought one not go long ago and love it.
I passed on the console organizer because I use mine differently.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Tangotango99 - it's made by GoRhino. Purchased off Amazon.
Go Rhino D360T
Gesture Automotive exterior Font Auto part Automotive window part

These are found on several sites in excess of $145. You can find on ebay for around $130. Amazon has them for $114, a couple of "used" ones are listed for $108, but there was one listed "open box" for $98. It is ordered! Thanks jimaa66

Bill

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
You're welcome sir. And you'll see it's not that obnoxious when installed, even though guys that put carpet in the bed of their truck think so.
Each to his own. You'll be happy when grandma at the shopping center backs up a little too far...

Reactions: wjfyfe

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Number 1, all weather floor matts should really be Summer floor mats, to be displaced to Winter floor mats.

Numbers 2 through 5 are truly personal choice I would avoid.
Here’s my list to tear apart:
A. Hood protector. There are just too many stones on the road that get flung up creating stone chips.
B. OEM colour~coded Body Side mouldings. No matter how far away you park from the rabble, invariably some schlub parks right next to you & opens his door too close. This is a must have.
C. Rear Bumper that fits into the trailer hitch. Invariably you will back into something or some schmuck will back into you. $5500.00 damage to my RL when this mini van driver backed into my RL. Get the biggest, beefiest one you can stand. You’ll thank me for it later.
D. 2012-2014 Ford Focus Sunscreen reflector. The Focus one fits, & fills the RL windshield almost perfectly.
As to the bumper guard. I've had my chrome Super Bumper for 12 years. Has come in handy MANY times. One slight brake check and they stay away.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I'd jump on the Proclip in a second, but it really looks like I'd have to modify it, as you can only see about 70% of your phone when driving. Is this true? The pictures they show never actually take from the driving position. Do you guys have a real world pic of it installed?

Reactions: john brown

·
Registered
2022 BE PWP
233 Posts
I'd jump on the Proclip in a second, but it really looks like I'd have to modify it, as you can only see about 70% of your phone when driving. Is this true? The pictures they show never actually take from the driving position. Do you guys have a real world pic of it installed?
I really like the Proclip, but found it put my phone a little too far behind the wheel and held it leaning back too far causing reflections. I added their side extension and wedge to move and tilt the phone, now it’s perfect. I also use a magnetic attachment for my iPhone 13 Pro.

Speedometer Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Steering part Speedometer

Reactions: rahtx

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E White/Beige HPD bronze (no decals)
94 Posts
I’ve always resisted Drop Stop type products since my late parents were proponents, and it feels a little like wearing white socks with Birkenstocks. But I definitely can see the utility.

I note Amazon carries it, so I’d have easy free return if I don’t like them. Hmmmm…
Ordered on Sunday, arrived today. I didn't really need a Drop Stop to stop things from dropping, but that side of my seat cover pops up easily and it creates a crease. These things stuff down there well and tighten up the seat cover. First time they catch something I drop will just be a bonus!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Thank you Heavy I didn't know about the accessories. In fact, I was going to make my own. I'll now give this a hard look. Excellent info - appreciated.

Reactions: HeavyDuty
21 - 40 of 82 Posts