Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
'20 BE with upgraded stereo, skid plates, and Sprint Booster v3
132 Posts
My Ridgeline Top 5 Must-Have Accessories

1. All Weather Floor Mats - I use Husky Liners. Protect those carpets!
2. Skid Plates - I chose to do the front and rear differential plates from No Lo Designs, but there are other manufacturers. Protect that underside!
3. Audio Upgrade - I went nuts with this and love the results. YMMV. Warning, this can become a cascading project, so set goals and spending limits!
4. Small tote - I went with the Husky 5G Tote. I use this for storing ratcheting straps and bungee cords in the trunk. This fits perfectly between the trunk dividers.
5. Dash Cam - I chose the Viofo A129. Protect yourself on those roads!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Decent all weather floormats (not Honda), a bed cover of some type, tinted windows. I haven't used window visors in 40 years.
I was looking at the weather tech mats but ended up with the Honda mats. I've had the Weather Tech in all my previous truck, so was partial to them, but honestly the Honda seems as good as those, so I'm not disappointed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe in my Top 10, rather than Top 5, but would be worth the $10 next time around to get a steering wheel cover.
Attached is a pic of the top of my steering wheel - it's a 2006 RL, so has a few years on it, and with my 'one-handed on top of the steering wheel' driving style, it wore it out. I don't know the cost to try to replace or fix that if I go to sell it. But I think a cheap steering wheel cover could have kept it good - https://www.amazon.com/King-Company-Steering-Anti-Slip-Protector/dp/B074FTYNRT

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
A heads up: rear clearance is reduced when crossing the occasional v-shaped rut off-road.
V-shaped, or W-shaped?
I'm new to off-roading, so please excuse my ignorance.
But I did start going to a place in the desert recently, and I was 'digging up sandy dirt' with my underside because the center of the dirt road was high.
I guess it could also be considered a Double-V.

Or are we going different directions with it?

If going perpendicular to that road, and it's a v-shaped rut, that could also seem like a problem with it digging into it on the back side.

Pic of where it could cause a problem?

Again, I'm new to off-roading stuff with the Ridgeline, so just trying to learn what I might need to prepare for, and watch out for.

Edit: I just noticed you said 'when crossing'. So I think I understand now... that could hit on the back side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wanted to get your all's thoughts on what I think are the top 5 in no particular order:

1. All Weather Floor Mats
2. Window Vent Visors
3. Seat Drop-Stop's
4. Bed Trunk Dividers
5. Bed Trunk Carpet
I’ll go with the Floor Mats. Skip 2-5. The big must have is the BAK Revolver tonneau cover! I can’t count how many road trips to see the family or bringing beer back from the nation’s oldest brewery have made dry storage in the back a necessity.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Decent all weather floormats (not Honda), a bed cover of some type, tinted windows. I haven't used window visors in 40 years.
Yeah, I fit here quite well.
1. Heavy duty weather proof floor mats.
2. Heavy duty water proof tonneau. If you haul stuff, this is a must.
3. Plywood bed protector. If you haul mulch, lumber, or rototiller etc., carpets are too fragile.
4. Heavy duty bumper guard for the hitch.
5. Clear film for the door edges and sills.

·
Premium Member
3,035 Posts
I'd jump on the Proclip in a second, but it really looks like I'd have to modify it, as you can only see about 70% of your phone when driving. Is this true? The pictures they show never actually take from the driving position. Do you guys have a real world pic of it installed?
My iPhone is not obscured at all. Since I use my iPhone as a camera, I can’t take a picture of it in use.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I would argue, with the exception of luxury vehicles, all weather mats should be standard, especially in trucks and SUVs. We are supposed to be living in a 'Green' World, but lets face it, all those carpet floor mats that don't need to be made in the first place - shouldn't be made if we care about pollution on any level. They are worthless to almost everyone, and those that don't swap them out, probably wouldn't complain if they had all weather mats - and how many people would 'upgrade' to carpet if they didn't have them? Very few I'd bet.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts