Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a 2010 RTL with a little over 20K on it. I have been home for several hours now. I just went out to start it and it cranks, but won't start. It feels like it's trying to start but it sputters and dies without completing the ignition cycle. Has anyone else experienced anything like this and if so, what was the culprit. I have a Kiwi Wifi but it's not giving me any trouble codes. I am supposed to be leaving for Texas in two days. This is not something I need to be worrying about now.

Thank you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Disregard. I let it sit for an hour and went back out and it started just fine. I ran it hard for about 15 minutes. Says the voltage is 13.7V. I am going to keep an eye on it and if I have anymore issues, I am going to put a red or yellow top on it.

·
Premium Member
7,780 Posts
Go ahead and replace the battery. Voltages are off.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Mmm, just to make sure it is a battery issue, I would remove the key, leave the lights on for 5 min, then try to start it after, if weak, replace it.

Being a 2010 should still be under warrany

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,112 Posts
Mmm, just to make sure it is a battery issue, I would remove the key, leave the lights on for 5 min, then try to start it after, if weak, replace it.

Being a 2010 should still be under warrany
x2 on that. You could have a bad cell in the battery. Maybe the fuel pump relay just didn't quite want to work for a second. Who knows? A battery shouldn't go bad after only two years and 20k miles. I would take it to the dealership to have it tested and fixed, if need be, under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts