Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I know all of the names...SUT, "truck wannabee", "van with a bed", etc. I, for one, use my ridgeline as a truck. I have had it for about a month and a half now and I have hauled brush, bags of cement, plywood, bikes, junk, mulch, beer and many other things. I have also taken it on vacation, where it did not look out of place with the Escolades, the BMW's and the Porsches. I have taken it through the mud and rock, through a pasture and places where I needed to kick out the VSA and engage the VTM. I have driven it on interstates, 4-lanes, two lanes, dirt roads and fire trails. I think, and I'm not trying to brag, that my truck is a lot like me. It can and will do the work, hard or easy, tough or delicate, with no complaints. Then give it a bath and it's ready to go out for an evening, looking as good as anything else out there. If it gets a little scratch or ding, so what...we all have little scratches and dings ourselves. If it's too bad, I'll get it fixed. Don't get me wrong, I take very good care of it and all that, but at the end of the day, it's a truck and I feel I'm using it like the Honda engineers intended me to use it. An everyday Dad with some handyman skills and a family to take care of. At the end of the day, my truck has earned from me the greatest of all things...my trust. I know, without a doubt, that my ridgeline will take me and my family where we need to go, hauling or pulling anything we need...with the dependability and safety only a Honda can deliver. I love my truck....sniff :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I haul some stuff but I have 2 cars seats full time in the backseat. Hope that still makes me manly. I washed the truck yesterday and the bed is great place to have little helpers help. They're out of the way, contained, and entertained. What more can you ask for.

·
Registered
172 Posts
HiPSI, you aren't alone. Just coming back from a trip out to our farm in west texas, I can honestly say that my Ridgeline is just as up to the task as any other truck that my family has used in our farming business. It actually gets better traction in the mud out there than the Ford F-150 that we keep out there. These guys that "talk" about all the off-roading crap that their Big 3 trucks can handle have bought that marketing bait big time.
Hook, line, and sinker...
Now yer makin' me tear up... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
430 Posts
HiPSI............AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am right there with you on your statements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
hiPSI,

Thanks for the post. You've renewed my faith in the Ridgeline. I thought I was the only owner who WASN'T putting on 22" tires, gold emblems, wood grain dashes and other bling-bling modifications. I was starting to worry that I hadn't bought a truck. I can't see going back to my Dodge 2500 now although I keep it around for plowing.

Sadly, I did give into a clear bra but I live on a dirt road. I'd like to keep some of the paint on the front end.

Hats off to all you other Honda TRUCK owners.

L

·
0 Posts
I love my multi-purpose TRUCK.
I like the bling-bling within reason but it is a full functional truck.
I haul my sons 6x12 enclosed trailer with his kart in it 2 to 3 times a week.
I use it to load signs that I have made for clients for delivery and I must say I feel good about going to the warehouse to pick up my supplies. All the dock loaders love it.
It is an SUT.
Sport - hauls my kid and his stuff ( karting is a sport )
Utility - Picks up and delivers supplies
Truck - Nuff' said!!
:D

·
Registered
257 Posts
I used mine to pick up 7 peieces ( Boxes) of furniture at Costco, MAN I wish I had a camera.

LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
In the couple of months I've owned my TRUCK I've hauled stone, mulch, furniture and trash to the dump. I've also gotten two canoes on the modified roof rack and put five bikes in my trailer hitch carrier.

I put Honda chrome wheels on my TRUCK just cause I liked the look. I traded a well used F150 that we called Shaggy (from Scooby-Do) just because the truck was a little rough around the edges. When I asked my kids (14 yrs and 10 yr old twins all girls!) what we should call the new truck, they said Bling-Bling more as a joke because of the wheels and because he was much fancier than the old truck. So the name Bling-Bling stuck but this is all the TRUCK I've ever need. I also get a kick out of his name.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
Hey, Don't hate those who like a little class as they are hauling grass, brass, trash, ass and working for cash :D ! It's still a truck no matter how we decide to dress it! :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
My TRUCK (her name is Ridgey) has hauled wood, groceries, dogs, kids, school supplies, two quads, a motorcycle, etc. No complaints here. My TRUCK is awesome and I wouldn't trade her for the world. :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Let's see I have hauled wood, a stand kit for my miter saw (but not the saw yet, that comes next summer when we go to do repairs on the camp), a new TV stand that I built for my grandfather and the 27" way to heavy TV to put on it, over 200 drinks in the trunk, luggage for 10 people for about 9 days for a cruise and 5 total rather large people in the front end at the same time. I call it a truck, I use it like a truck, and I treat it like a truck. And the 4 people who were in the truck with me said that they were very impressed with how much the truck handled without even a hiccup, and they all drive very large trucks for work including one who does road work for housing complexes in California. And they gave it an A+ for comfort for people over 6 feet tall (the tallest person 6'6" was in the back seat and said he was comfortable).

·
Registered
15 Posts
hiPSI said:
...........and I have hauled brush, bags of cement, plywood, bikes, junk, mulch, beer and many other things. .........If it gets a little scratch or ding, so what...we all have little scratches and dings ourselves. If it's too bad, I'll get it fixed. :D
Gee, am I glad to see this thread! I was feeling like somewhat of an outcast in this forum. I bought my RL for its functional value as a comfortable, reliable truck that could accomodate the needs of my hobby-gardening interests. I knew I wouldn't be disappointed due to its Honda lineage; so far it has met all of my expectations, and then some.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Toobuku said:
Hey, Don't hate those who like a little class as they are hauling grass, brass, trash, ass and working for cash :D ! It's still a truck no matter how we decide to dress it! :cool:
Yeah, what Toobuku said!!!! :p

·
Registered
172 Posts
To put a little perspective on this subject. Our farming neighbors can't see why the "city boys" load up their trucks with mag wheels, jacked up suspensions, and (God-forbid) low profile tires. (something along the lines of "I betcha these boys never stepped off ina cow patty in their entire life. Might ruin their boots!")

Seems like the guys my neighbors are referring to are the ones that pan us for having our "sissy" Honda truck. All in your perspective.

GIT-R-DONE!!!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
pbear said:
To put a little perspective on this subject. Our farming neighbors can't see why the "city boys" load up their trucks with mag wheels, jacked up suspensions, and (God-forbid) low profile tires. (something along the lines of "I betcha these boys never stepped off ina cow patty in their entire life. Might ruin their boots!")

Seems like the guys my neighbors are referring to are the ones that pan us for having our "sissy" Honda truck. All in your perspective.

GIT-R-DONE!!!
That's funny! Guess nobody drives a real truck unless they step ina cow patty as they get out!

·
Registered
856 Posts
When I bought my Dodge Dakota 20 years ago I was determined to NOT baby it and treat it like a truck! But I bought a thick rubber mat for the bed not to protect it but so that I could sleep more comfortably on camping trips. Twenty years later after driving across the country 7 times and using my Dakota to build my first home the bed looks like new when I peel back the rubber mat. The tailgate, however, looks like it was pounded with a sledge hammer.

So this last weekend when I was about to throw my shovel, pick, rake and bucket of rocks into the back of my new Ridgeline I hesitated a moment ... Then I went inside and ordered a rubber bed protector. Is that so wrong?

:(

·
Registered
459 Posts
hiPSI said:
Y. I think, and I'm not trying to brag, that my truck is a lot like me. It can and will do the work, hard or easy, tough or delicate, with no complaints. ...we all have little scratches and dings ourselves. If it's too bad, I'll get it fixed. but at the end of the day, it's a truck and I feel I'm using it like the Honda engineers intended me to use it. An everyday Dad with some handyman skills and a family to take care of. At the end of the day, my truck has earned from me the greatest of all things...my trust. I know, without a doubt, that my ridgeline will take me and my family where we need to go, hauling or pulling anything we need...with the dependability and safety only a Honda can deliver. I love my truck....sniff :D
ummm this reminds me of the movie "Tommy Boy"
Calahan parts for the hard working man.:D

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
hiPSI said:
Yeah, I know all of the names...SUT, "truck wannabee", "van with a bed", etc. I, for one, use my ridgeline as a truck. I have had it for about a month and a half now and I have hauled brush, bags of cement, plywood, bikes, junk, mulch, beer and many other things. I have also taken it on vacation, where it did not look out of place with the Escolades, the BMW's and the Porsches. I have taken it through the mud and rock, through a pasture and places where I needed to kick out the VSA and engage the VTM. I have driven it on interstates, 4-lanes, two lanes, dirt roads and fire trails. I think, and I'm not trying to brag, that my truck is a lot like me. It can and will do the work, hard or easy, tough or delicate, with no complaints. Then give it a bath and it's ready to go out for an evening, looking as good as anything else out there. If it gets a little scratch or ding, so what...we all have little scratches and dings ourselves. If it's too bad, I'll get it fixed. Don't get me wrong, I take very good care of it and all that, but at the end of the day, it's a truck and I feel I'm using it like the Honda engineers intended me to use it. An everyday Dad with some handyman skills and a family to take care of. At the end of the day, my truck has earned from me the greatest of all things...my trust. I know, without a doubt, that my ridgeline will take me and my family where we need to go, hauling or pulling anything we need...with the dependability and safety only a Honda can deliver. I love my truck....sniff :D
Hey hiPSI, I feel the exact same way about my truck! I'm just torn between tricking it all up with bling or going with the off-road motif. Since I've just bought a new dirt bike that has made the choice sway just a bit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hiPSI said:
Hi hiPSI,

I just want to know more about the truck, what effect does it have if you disable the VSA and engage the VTM?

Thanks,

Arman

1 - 20 of 29 Posts