Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a wrecking yard in Vancouver BC lies a Ridgeline broke in half, Ive heard about it from 2 people now but neither has photos, story goes a youngster stole it and jumped at baricade at high speed, blew all the airbags and walked away. Sure would like to see some pix of it, anybody out there????

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
What, you want to make everybody cry? That is a shame and caused by a thug to boot.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Boogity said:
At a wrecking yard in Vancouver BC lies a Ridgeline broke in half, Ive heard about it from 2 people now but neither has photos, story goes a youngster stole it and jumped at baricade at high speed, blew all the airbags and walked away. Sure would like to see some pix of it, anybody out there????
If it is local to you...can you scan the local papers web site? or ask the people talking about it for more info?
Sad that someone lost thier RL, but thugs or not it would be cool to see exactly what happen & that they walked away safe

·
Registered
125 Posts
call me naive but isn't the ridgeline almost impossible to steal with the factory imobilizer built in

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
call me naive but isn't the ridgeline almost impossible to steal with the factory imobilizer built in
It wouldn't be if the keys were still in it.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Boogity said:

I live in the area. Tell me which yard and I will go take a picture. Plus, if it has a grey interior, I'll for sure buy some spare parts.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Errm, I do'nt believe it.
With most automobiles today, it wold required a tremendous amount of impact to break it in half.

Even cars going 100+ wrapping around posts don't "break in half".

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Maybe the Rescue squad had to cut it in half to get the thug out. Or the salvage yard did it as someone is in need of a whole front or back end....
Who knows till we get the whole story....

·
Banned
44 Posts
I had a friend get killed when his 98 Mark VIII went into a pole and broke in half, it can and does happen.

And the RL can be stolen just as easy as any other car. The hardest part is getting in, the new "sidewinder" keys are hard to pick. OR you can just bust the window. If someone knows what they are doing the chip key can be by-passed

·
Registered
529 Posts
Toy_Hauler....... my deepest sympathies on the loss of your friend. I do have to ask.... Toy Hauler? First person that comes to mind to me is Santa Claus..... is that your true identity? :) Hmmmmm.......

As far as this thread..... Ridgeline broke in half? Until we have proof.... this may very well be our first Ridgeline Urban Legend!

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Boogity said:
I say find the youngster and break him in half!:eek:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
In 1970 I was on the Parkway West just outside of Pittsburgh when a 1970ish 4-door Chevy Nova (body on frame) with 3 high school girls in it (all in the front seat) lost control and got broadside over the median curb. The closing speed of the Cadillac that hit them must have been about 100 MPH, possibly more. Everything from the rear of the front doors was gone. No rear seat, no rear doors, no trunk, no rear bumper, no rear wheels. It happened 4 cars in front of me and by the time that I got stopped and ran to what was left of the Nova, all three girls were standing on the side of the road. They were shaken and hysterical but only by the grace of God were not seriously injured. If it was a Ridgeline instead of the Nova I would not be too surprised if the results would have been the same or similar.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Show me the evidence. Sounds like an urban legend to me.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
It was 35 :eek: years ago. I remember it all too well. It left quite an impression on me. Not being one that exaggerates or fabricates stories, I stand by my story as stated.
edit:
To be clear though, I will say that while all of the pieces stated were indeed missing, I have no recollection as to the frame. It may or may not have been intact. I don't know or much care if that meets anyone’s definition of a car being torn in half. It sure looked like it though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
5S Dude said:
I say find the youngster and break him in half!:eek:
Im with 5S..... if he survived of course.
I would say almost anything is possible at a high enough speed, if it is true I would think it had to be well over 100 mph.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I saw pics of a new Mustang that was street racing over 100 MPH and hit a car then a tree. It spun him around and it did break the car in the middle. In fact, if the author of the story did not say what the car was, you could never know from a picture what it was.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
U-H - I don't doubt your story - it's the OP I doubt. Show me the Ridgeline broken in half.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Here's a 1995 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta broken in half, so it can be done.

Description:
27 year old driver with a penchant for speed (he had over 20 speeding tickets), was killed when he crashed his Ferrari into a Toyota Corrola, killing the 23 year old driver and her 4 year old son. The Ferrari, as you can obviously see, was torn in half and was estimated to be travelling at 130 mph at impact.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Does the Ferrari have a unibody on frame construction?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts