Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I received my first damage to my 2020 RTL-E - apparently a fairly large triple stone chip (or maybe a shopping cart) in the driver side fender, so I headed to my local Honda dealer to pick up some touchup paint. They're about 40 minutes away from me, so while on my way, I called their parts department to see if they had Deep Scarlet Pearl in stock. He said that he needed either my VIN number or paint code to check. I told him that I was fairly certain that it was a very common Honda color, but he was unable to cross check the name to a paint code. Unable to provide him either number while driving, I just waited until I got there. At the parts department with my VIN number, he was again unable to match my VIN number to the correct paint color. So, we walked out to my truck, and he showed me where to get the paint code (which I suppose at 67 years old, I should have known by now). With that code, he was able to match Deep Scarlet Pearl to the touchup paint that was actually called "Copperhead Red Pearl." It was a WTF moment for me, and he told me that various models and model years may have the same color code, but with different color names. I later looked online for the color code R561P, and found a list of cars that used that code with the name Deep Scarlet Pearl. It includes Odyssey's, Pilots and Ridgelines from 2016 through 2020. I don't know if there were any models before 2016 that used this paint code with a different name, but since 2016 it seems that it is only Deep Scarlet Pearl. Nothing against the guy in the parts department, but it seems that if I told him that it was Deep Scarlet Pearl for a 2020 Ridgeline, he should have know immediately what I needed. So, he had to order it, and I'm picking it up tomorrow - another 40 minute trip - but before I use it, can any of you with this color confirm that Copperhead Red Pearl is the right match for Deep Scarlet Pearl?

·
Registered
137 Posts
So, I received my first damage to my 2020 RTL-E - apparently a fairly large triple stone chip (or maybe a shopping cart) in the driver side fender, so I headed to my local Honda dealer to pick up some touchup paint. They're about 40 minutes away from me, so while on my way, I called their parts department to see if they had Deep Scarlet Pearl in stock. He said that he needed either my VIN number or paint code to check. I told him that I was fairly certain that it was a very common Honda color, but he was unable to cross check the name to a paint code. Unable to provide him either number while driving, I just waited until I got there. At the parts department with my VIN number, he was again unable to match my VIN number to the correct paint color. So, we walked out to my truck, and he showed me where to get the paint code (which I suppose at 67 years old, I should have known by now). With that code, he was able to match Deep Scarlet Pearl to the touchup paint that was actually called "Copperhead Red Pearl." It was a WTF moment for me, and he told me that various models and model years may have the same color code, but with different color names. I later looked online for the color code R561P, and found a list of cars that used that code with the name Deep Scarlet Pearl. It includes Odyssey's, Pilots and Ridgelines from 2016 through 2020. I don't know if there were any models before 2016 that used this paint code with a different name, but since 2016 it seems that it is only Deep Scarlet Pearl. Nothing against the guy in the parts department, but it seems that if I told him that it was Deep Scarlet Pearl for a 2020 Ridgeline, he should have know immediately what I needed. So, he had to order it, and I'm picking it up tomorrow - another 40 minute trip - but before I use it, can any of you with this color confirm that Copperhead Red Pearl is the right match for Deep Scarlet Pearl?
I have run into this same issue with my 19. Why Honda can't settle on a name for the touch up is beyond me. I got mine off Ebay, here's the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OEM-Acura-Honda-Touch-Up-Paint-SELECT-YOUR-COLOR-ALL-COLORS-08703/133127742901?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=432459688650&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I suppose it's right, I haven't been able to check yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
I bought mine online and shipped it to the house. R561P yep that was it. Matched perfectly for the couple of stone chips I've used it on so far. I also got paint for our 12' SRX red and it matched perfectly too for the dozen of chips it had. I call it the 3 ft look. 3 feet away and you can't see the touch ups. I've done that on all my cars. Really makes them look 100% better even the scrapes from curbs and bumpers look better.

Steve

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ready for more confusion?

Search for "copperhead" in the "Search Community" box. :)
This is truly confusing! So, it looks like most of those posts are from the time when the first G2's appeared, so the paint color/code confusion has been going on for 3.5 years without clarification. There is a wide variety of opinions in those posts whether or not Copperhead Red is the same color as Deep Scarlet, so now I'm not sure if I should use the Copperhead touchup paint or not!

·
Registered
86 Posts
My Dark Cherry Pearl II touch-up left over from my old 2012 seems to be a close match.

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
509 Posts
I think it’s closer to this Miata color. This is a 2006. The color is copper red.
431FB89B-166E-4ABE-90E7-C18EAB9723A8.jpeg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts