Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Ridgeline engine swap

Tags
engine swap
8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  moiseschile 
#1 ·
Hi everyone I’m new here and hope I’m asking this in the right place. I have a 07 Ridgeline and the engine is dead block issues. I have a 09 Accord 3.5 with VCM. Is it possible to use this engine in the Ridgeline? Any help with be much appreciated.

#3 ·
It spin the rod bearing for a one rod and then lock the motor. This was do to a misfire and oil getting into the spark plug. I had my mechanic fix the issue and he gave it a valve adjustment because it was very loud and now that the engine was performing as it should be you could hear the rod knock and well it did not last long from there. I had just got this off a private party and well it was not a good buy but now I’m just trying to get it going and already have a accord with a VCM 3.5 car so that’s y I ask if I could use o e car to make another one work. I like what you put down about swapping the blocks I just have to make sure there the same.

#4 ·
I honestly don't know about using that Accord engine in the Ridge. VCM is enough to turn me off. But if you could find a nice 3.7, that would probably work fine and give you a nice performance boost too.

I don't know if the differences between a 2007 and a 2009 would affect anything, but here are some posts on the subject.

Reactions: GhostYK1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.