Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get this email? It says we can test drive the all new Ridgeline May 20-22. I assume that means it's not going to be in showrooms until after that date.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
For anyone that goes - a little ways east of Rio Cibolo Ranch is Texas SH-130, a toll road that has the highest speed limit in America at 85 mph.

If Honda will let you (and is willing to pay the tolls), take a new Ridgeline up to speed on it.

Chip H.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I can't imagine them waiting much longer than that to release the RL. Why would anyone fly down to Texas to test drive a new RL, when your local dealer will have one in stock in a week. Honda has said April-May for delivery. If the Official Test drive was the end of February, then it would have more exclusiveness.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I can't imagine them waiting much longer than that to release the RL. Why would anyone fly down to Texas to test drive a new RL, when your local dealer will have one in stock in a week. Honda has said April-May for delivery. If the Official Test drive was the end of February, then it would have more exclusiveness.
Technically, they could arrive at dealers as late as June 30, since Honda corporate is stating "first half of 2016":

"Fresh from its heralded global debut on Jan. 11 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Mich., the all-new Ridgeline is slated to launch in the first half of 2016 at Honda dealerships nationwide." (2/1/2016 Press Release)

Also, I think the Camp Ridgeline event is more than a test drive. It's probably a combination of Texas-style outdoor entertainment (amenities listed on the camp website below) plus the truck driving activities.

http://www.riociboloranch.com/entertainment-activities

Another clue is this statement on a TruckTrend article, implying the test drive is in addition to other outdoor activities.

"The vacation will include a variety of outdoor adventures, including a chance to put the Ridgeline through its paces."

http://www.trucktrend.com/news/1602-honda-ridgeline-to-kick-off-marketing-campaign-at-super-bowl/

(That article has more insights into the thought behind the commercial, so it's worth a read.)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I got the same invite but it says only available to US residents. Being from Canada, most likely disqualifies me. Would have enjoyed the free trip.

·
Registered
326 Posts
So does this mean that the RL won't arrive at the dealers until after May 20th?
Joe Does this sound right? I imagine it will drive nearly identical to the Pilot.

I believe the Industry test drive is in March.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts

There's a lot more here than a simple test drive like you can do at your local dealer. This reads "to get behind the wheel" for towing, off-road, competitive (accel., braking?), etc. Sound like you may be able to give it a good sampling of driving applications. Put it through it's paces so to speak. Not to mention being a hosted guest to the event. Sounds like a good time to me! ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Does anyone know why San Antonio, TX? There ain't much "off road" opportunities around here. Texas doesn't have any public lands, so you are very limited unless you know someone who has lots of property (in this case, they are using the Cibolo Ranch). And anyway, the ground tends to be very hard which isn't the best off road experience. I realize they will be doing more than some off road type tests.....

I was at the Ranch for a corporate event a number of years ago, but don't recall must about the property. I am just curious as to why here. But I would love to just show up at the event and drive around the new RL.

I do know this. I work downtown SA, and almost every day I will see a set of 4 exact cars driving all downtown. Sometimes they will have a huge bumper on them, other times I have seen the vehicles covered in the black wrap. They are obviously running tests on vehicles, possibly "in town" mpg or something. Some are new vehicles, some are vehicles that have been out for a while. I wonder if they will be doing any testing/research on the Ridgelines and then just drive them over to the Ranch for the event.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Does anyone know why San Antonio, TX? There ain't much "off road" opportunities around here. Texas doesn't have any public lands, so you are very limited unless you know someone who has lots of property (in this case, they are using the Cibolo Ranch). And anyway, the ground tends to be very hard which isn't the best off road experience. I realize they will be doing more than some off road type tests.....

I was at the Ranch for a corporate event a number of years ago, but don't recall must about the property. I am just curious as to why here. But I would love to just show up at the event and drive around the new RL.

I do know this. I work downtown SA, and almost every day I will see a set of 4 exact cars driving all downtown. Sometimes they will have a huge bumper on them, other times I have seen the vehicles covered in the black wrap. They are obviously running tests on vehicles, possibly "in town" mpg or something. Some are new vehicles, some are vehicles that have been out for a while. I wonder if they will be doing any testing/research on the Ridgelines and then just drive them over to the Ranch for the event.
The only observation I can offer is that something like 1 in 5 new truck sales are made in Texas. Texas is important if you are selling a truck!

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just noticed this thread. I am a winner! Filled out all my paperwork today. I don't know if they will post winners names once they are official but if they do look for Cenovio Jaimes! That is me. If I am really nice maybe they will give me a new Ridgeline too.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Congrats, It's nice that someone on here will be able to report to the rest of us. I've been entering every week, fingers crossed for more members!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I just noticed this thread. I am a winner! Filled out all my paperwork today. I don't know if they will post winners names once they are official but if they do look for Cenovio Jaimes! That is me. If I am really nice maybe they will give me a new Ridgeline too.
Lucky! My wife would be like 'You talk about Ridgelines and trucks all day and then win a contest to go drive them?'...It would make her crazy so it would really be worth winning. I've been entering each week...

·
Registered
52 Posts
My wife gets so tired of me pointing Ridgelines out on the road and explaining what is different about them. That is an RTL, that one looks like my Sport but really it is an SE which means it has X and Y where I did all that aftermarket, that is a 2006 first model year which has a color they didn't do after the first year. Lucky for her there aren't tons of them on the road which is something I think we all like about our trucks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts