Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
28 Posts
The finalists for 2017 North American Car, Truck and Utility of the year

The finalists for 2017 North American Car, Truck and Utility of the year have been revealed.
The finalists for the car award are the all-electric Chevrolet Bolt, the Genesis G90 luxury sedan, and the Volvo S90, while the Ford F-Series Super Duty, Honda Ridgeline and Nissan Titan are the trucks that made the cut.
2017 North American Car, Truck and Utility of the Year finalists announced | Fox News

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: The finalists for 2017 North American Car, Truck and Utility of the year

Funny I had just posted this link here about 40mins earlier...

· Registered
2,264 Posts
Re: The finalists for 2017 North American Car, Truck and Utility of the year

Funny I had just posted this link here about 40mins earlier...
what is even funnier is I heard a commercial stating the Bolt was the electric car of the year...I will have to listen closer next time.

· Super Moderator
3,076 Posts
The Super Duty Ford won it from Motor Trend. They had a lot of good things to say about the new Ford SD truck. I can see why they'd do that just because we are talking about Trucks. Not SUT's (Sport Utility Trucks) which the Ridgeline is.

Steve M

· Registered
21 Posts
When your judging criteria includes Performance of Intended Function, it's hard to argue against a 925 ft/lb monster that tows 30,000 lbs without breaking a sweat. Here in the real world very few of us ever do that. I just traded a 2015 F150 XLT with 2,000 miles on the odometer for my BE. Why? Because I had absolutely no faith in the Ford being able to function as a reliable vehicle. How's that for Performance of Intended Function?

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When your judging criteria includes Performance of Intended Function, it's hard to argue against a 925 ft/lb monster that tows 30,000 lbs without breaking a sweat. Here in the real world very few of us ever do that. I just traded a 2015 F150 XLT with 2,000 miles on the odometer for my BE. Why? Because I had absolutely no faith in the Ford being able to function as a reliable vehicle. How's that for Performance of Intended Function?
Fix Or Repair Daily

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.