Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

201 - 220 of 1056 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Hey, I was 27 when I got my GoldWing. By far the best bike I've ever owned, and most utilitarian. Could run to the grocery store and load it up with groceries for the week, and not have to worry about thieves tossing it in the back of a truck while you're in the store!

I did have the earlier, lighter four-cylinder model ('84 1200 Interstate). I took corners pretty fast with it, often dragging the pegs (or pipes if the back was loaded down). Sold it (for same price I paid, after putting 30k miles on it!) because I thought I wanted something sportier (Suzuki SV650), but overall I preferred the 'Wing. The SV650 wasn't nearly as confidence-inspiring.

That 'Wing was a high-quality, precision machine. If Honda built their cars like that, they'd probably cost twice as much!
I now have the wing. It IS the best bike I ever owned. Did a CC trip on that also, nothing short of amazing. Nothing like blasting through the desert on a GW at triple digits. And much easier to sleep on than the ST. lol

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I'am a contractor and just picked my RTS on the 19th and no way I'am using as my work truck. I have one more year before I retire and this is going to be my day diver.
congrats and welcome to the forum! I have to park at a VERTY dusty yard, where I work. I am dreading the walk to the truck the first day I get my BE. :surprise: I wish I could have 2 vehicles.

·
Administrator
13,313 Posts
I'm not a fan of Tafetta (solid, bright) white, but I love metallic/pearl white - my favorite is GM's White Diamond Tricoat which is similar to Honda's White Diamond Pearl and White Orchid Pearl, but a "richer" - almost tan - color. I forget how "off-white" my G2 is until I park next to a solid white.

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts
Nice except for the pink dealer license plate frame!:grin:
AutoNation dealerships use that frame as a breast cancer awareness program as mentioned previously. Here is the bad part--that frame is made of metal. My son got one on his Subaru WRX. At least they could have made them out of plastic that does not scratch the paint.

Get that frame off ASAP.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm not a fan of Tafetta (solid, bright) white, but I love metallic/pearl white - my favorite is GM's White Diamond Tricoat which is similar to Honda's White Diamond Pearl and White Orchid Pearl, but a "richer" - almost tan - color. I forget how "off-white" my G2 is until I park next to a solid white.
I'm exactly the opposite. I had one of my bikes painted, the fairings. I show up and they look fine inside the garage, but once mounted and out in the sun, that beige hue comes out, like a tan. He had used similar paint to GM's color. Hated it. I had the fairings, and tank all yanked off, for him to redo it. He likes to use automotive paint because it's cheaper than color rite motorcycle specific stuff. I told him Honda Taffeta White. Looks great now! Love the pure gloss whites.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
ccr: Are your new wheels same size & offset as stock? Also, are those stock tires? I think that wheels with some sort of "dish" or recess look better than the flat faced stockers. If those are stock tires, they look "fatter". They also look like they are slightly further out in the wheel wells like there is a bit less wheel offset than stock.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Get that frame off ASAP.
Exactly! Of course, I hate dealer plates and frames in general. If I am getting the vehicle from an out of town dealer (which I did), I actually stop at the most convenient safe place I can find on the way from the dealer, grab my emergency tool kit and take the damn things off. I paid them enough w/o advertising for them too!

I am amazed that people leave those things on but you see them all the time. I can understand maybe leaving them on until you get the plates in the mail but clearly some folks just put them back on when they get the plates! But then, when we bought our first house, it still had the labels on the front of the toilet tanks despite the first owner having owned it for 5 years. Go figure.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I don't like any dealer markings on mine. I usually request that they not add any. Fortunately with the RL, I forgot to ask and they forgot to apply. Saving me the effort of removing it from the tailgate.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I don't like any dealer markings on mine. I usually request that they not add any. Fortunately with the RL, I forgot to ask and they forgot to apply. Saving me the effort of removing it from the tailgate.
I got my dealer to not apply any markings to the tailgate; however, I need to keep the license plate frame on so I can get free car washes and vacuuming any time I want....It's a different line you get in and, as long as it's a Honda with the frame, they take care of you. Around here, with the monsoon rains messing with your vehicle, I sometimes wash the vehicle twice a week and the car wash is too expensive, so I'll put up with the dealer frame....

201 - 220 of 1056 Posts