Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1115 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
What tires are those again? They look so much more beefy even though, if I remember correctly, they are the stock size.[/QUOTE]

General Grabber at2s
255 60 18
Total Junk! Im having them swapped out ASAP. Most likely gonna be Toyo AT2.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Well I know how you feel. Picked it up the evening of 6/21 and we left on vacation the morning of the 22nd. So I've only driven it about an hour. Our vacation has been great but I can't wait to get back home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dang, you bought a new RL, drove it a little, and it's been sitting in your garage for a whole 2 weeks plus while you were on vacay? Must've been difficult, at times....:surprise:

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,870 Posts
I think I'm going to invest in the screen protector. I'm at a daily wipe down of the screen. But thank goodness Honda thought ahead and gave me a microfiber towel....:act060:

EDIT: Its a picture thread, here is my first "mod"
Where d'ya get that?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dang, you bought a new RL, drove it a little, and it's been sitting in your garage for a whole 2 weeks plus while you were on vacay? Must've been difficult, at times....:surprise:

Most definitely. But spending 2 weeks all over Oregon and white water rafting the Rogue river has made it somewhat bearable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think I'm going to invest in the screen protector. I'm at a daily wipe down of the screen. But thank goodness Honda thought ahead and gave me a microfiber towel....:act060:

EDIT: Its a picture thread, here is my first "mod"
This might just be the first ever modded G2!

·
Administrator
14,606 Posts
Dang, you bought a new RL, drove it a little, and it's been sitting in your garage for a whole 2 weeks plus while you were on vacay?
I've occasionally thought about how cool it would be to buy a new vehicle and preserve it in my garage while I drove a beater. Actually, I suppose that's what I did when I bought my Infiniti G35 - weeks after I bought it I also bought a $2,000 plain-but-clean Ford Ranger from a co-worker and I drove it around instead. I'm seriously thinking about buying a small, used car after I pick up the Ridgeline - maybe something with a manual transmission which I haven't had in a long time.

·
Registered
971 Posts
What tires are those again? They look so much more beefy even though, if I remember correctly, they are the stock size.
General Grabber at2s
255 60 18
Total Junk! Im having them swapped out ASAP. Most likely gonna be Toyo AT2.[/QUOTE]

How does that work? do they have a try out period? Are they not a done deal after paid configured and runoff the lot? It would be great if you can get a switcheroo without penalty.

·
Administrator
14,606 Posts
How does that work? do they have a try out period? Are they not a done deal after paid configured and runoff the lot? It would be great if you can get a switcheroo without penalty.
According to General Tire...

"If for any reason [...] you are not satisfied with your new set of four tires within 30 days from date of purchase, you may exchange all or any one of them for a corresponding number of the same tires or purchase another set of a different type of General Tire brand tires."

Either the OP's place of purchase has their own "satisfaction guarantee" or he/she will have thrown away almost $600.

·
Administrator
14,606 Posts
Is there option without that cheesy plastic chrome crap on the face? Seriously hating it.
There's a $400+install accessory grill that has a carbon fiber looking bar in place of the lower chrome bar, but that's as close as you get to no chrome.

·
Super Moderator
5,230 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
What tires are those again? They look so much more beefy even though, if I remember correctly, they are the stock size.
General Grabber at2s
255 60 18
Total Junk! Im having them swapped out ASAP. Most likely gonna be Toyo AT2.
How does that work? do they have a try out period? Are they not a done deal after paid configured and runoff the lot? It would be great if you can get a switcheroo without penalty.[/QUOTE]

To be clear. I'm not just dissatisfied with the tires. They are in fact defective. They are not round/flat spotted/total ****. Four attempts to balance them have failed. They are also quite noisey.

I'm having Toyo AT2S installed tomorrow.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The shop is sending the Grabbers back to General/Continental for credit. They are doing an even exchange for the Toyos.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts

To the untrained eye, this may seem like every other Black Edition G2 that you have ever seen, but few things could be further from the truth. This BE is special because that house behind it is my house, and the keyfob is in my pocket. So of all of the thousands of G2 Ridgelines that are flying off of dealer's lots, this one is my absolute favorite.

But now it's time to accessorize. First thing, tint the driver and passenger windows. Next, floor mats - hopefully weathertech, but if they don't hurry up I will have to go with the Honda accessory mats. Then a tonneau, hopefully BAK will get theirs out soon, but if not, may go with the Honda/Extang. And finally, perhaps a bull bar to butch that estrogen soaked soccer mom front end up a bit.

21 - 40 of 1115 Posts