Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

981 - 1000 of 1041 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just brought this baby home last night. Went in to purchase a Modern Steel Mettalic and ended up liking this a little more instead. Roof rack, running boards and mud flaps on order.
Definitely drives way smoother than my 2005 Nissan Frontier! Man, I just don't like that front end rake and how far in the wheels are set though. Unfortunately I spent pretty much all I could just to get this so gonna have to wait till I need new tires to lift the front end a bit and put some black XD818 Heist's on there.
Lot's of inspiration and info on this site

Attachments

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I was going with the modern steel till I saw the blue ...then the search was on for blue:smile:
Have you seen both in person. I was in the same boat, between the two colors. There were plenty of blues in the area, but only two Scarlets within almost 200 miles. Before I was shopping colors, my dealer showed me a 2017 Scarlet. I was really more drawn to tan interior, which the Blue does not have. But, the Blue has a nice light grey, so either would be fine. I fact, my 2011 RL was Bali Blue Pearl, but:

- My wife's Pilot has the grey, and it would be nice to have something different.
- My Explorer was tan, not by my choice, but I really liked it from the first day.
- The Scarlet has tan interior. Honda's tan is darker. I'm told that they darkened it, because people complained of windshield glare and it was hard to keep clean.
- The Blue looks like three different colors, depending on day or night and the light hitting it, sometimes it's purple, but not as purple as the Bali Blue was.

I could have been happy with either, but the Scarlet just seemed to me my style. I will also say the Blue looks different on the Odyssey, the way it hits the lines of that vehicle looks really nice.

Good luck!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was going with the modern steel till I saw the blue ...then the search was on for blue:smile:
Was in a similar situation as you a couple of years ago. But I went with the Modern Steel. Don’t get me wrong, I still think Obsidian Blue is nicer than Modern Steel, but the dealbreaker for me on the blue was the grey interior. Not a fan of light coloured interiors.

Congrats again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
I was going with the modern steel till I saw the blue ...then the search was on for blue/forums/images/RidgelineOwnersClub-2016/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
Was in a similar situation as you a couple of years ago. But I went with the Modern Steel. Don’t get me wrong, I still think Obsidian Blue is nicer than Modern Steel, but the dealbreaker for me on the blue was the grey interior. Not a fan of light coloured interiors.

Congrats again.
I like modern steel, but the wife beat me to it either her Pilot. Have you ever tried lite colored interior? I spend a fair amount of windshield time and the liter color in the cabin makes it brighter and more enjoyable. The moon roof makes it even better.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Wash, clay bar, stage 1 polish, paint prep, and opticoat pro. Now curing!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Nice setup, love the bike and the ammo can storage.
Makes me hesitate to sell my bike, but with a new kid and an upcoming move you got to do what you got to do.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
FWIW: Yesterday was the Kentucky Derby Festival parade in Louisville. Two RLs led a team (little league baseball?) that achieved success. Sorry I don't know more. After they passed, I noticed dealership plates. It was some exposure. The grey one had several large speakers in the back, that were not in use when they passed me.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just brought this baby home last night. Went in to purchase a Modern Steel Mettalic and ended up liking this a little more instead. Roof rack, running boards and mud flaps on order.
Definitely drives way smoother than my 2005 Nissan Frontier! Man, I just don't like that front end rake and how far in the wheels are set though. Unfortunately I spent pretty much all I could just to get this so gonna have to wait till I need new tires to lift the front end a bit and put some black XD818 Heist's on there.
Lot's of inspiration and info on this site
Update with: roof rails & crossbars with Thule SUP Taxi racks, running boards and mud flaps. 1.5" front end lift next week

Attachments

981 - 1000 of 1041 Posts