Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1041 - 1060 of 1092 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
This has to be the best looking Ridgeline I've ever seen.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would guess the LED lights are driven with pulse width modulation. Basically fast on and off which our eyes can't perceive, but a camera can if the exposure time is short enough. At least that's my armchair quarterback explanation. :)

I take it you don't have the high end trim and you added the LEDs yourself? What kind did you install? I'm going to be doing mine soon and there are only a few I've seen mentioned that sound like they work properly as high beam and drl.

·
Administrator
14,021 Posts
I would guess the LED lights are driven with pulse width modulation. Basically fast on and off which our eyes can't perceive, but a camera can if the exposure time is short enough. At least that's my armchair quarterback explanation. :)
That's exactly the reason and is also why you'll often see them partially-illuminated or flickering in videos.

·
Registered
36 Posts

I take it you don't have the high end trim and you added the LEDs yourself? What kind did you install? I'm going to be doing mine soon and there are only a few I've seen mentioned that sound like they work properly as high beam and drl.
Yep, I have the RTL. I was close to getting the sport, but the sliding rear window was the only real motivator.
I used these bulbs for the DRL/high beam, following a recommendation from another forum member: CougarMotor LED Headlight Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit - 9005-10000 Lm 6000K Cool White CREE. I have VLEDs for my low beam, fog lights, and bed lights and love them. These fairly inexpensive high beam/DRL bulbs work well, are very bright, and do not have any perceptible (to the naked eye) flicker.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice shot of the aftermarket skid plate in the first photo. Which one is that?

Your fording photo has your RL headed directly toward a rock that looks big enough to stress-test that skid plate! I assume that you steered clear of it?
This is the skid plate from No-Lo Designs, run by ROC member Venphic. The truck cleared the rock with no contact ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got this 2017 RTL-E in December with only 11k miles. My first RL. I test drove a new 2019 white Sport with black gloss wheels and liked the look so this used E caught my eye. This RTL-E has matte black wheels so it's a little different look. I'm not sure if this was a factory option since I haven't seen another E model with them. BUT after staring at it I wonder if some wheels with chrome and maybe the factory chrome side molding would look good. I have not seen any factory Honda chrome wheels, just the usual alloys in some shade of gray. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,021 Posts
I got this 2017 RTL-E in December with only 11k miles. My first RL. I test drove a new 2019 white Sport with black gloss wheels and liked the look so this used E caught my eye. This RTL-E has matte black wheels so it's a little different look. I'm not sure if this was a factory option since I haven't seen another E model with them.
Matte wheels are not a Honda factory option or accessory for the Ridgeline.

If they are matte, then they were either painted, powder-coated, or "Plasti-dipped" by a third party.

To me, they look like the glossy Black Edition wheels (including the matching center caps). I have BE wheels on my white RTL-E.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Nice ride @uncarolinablue23

I'll admit, I wasn't a fan of the 2020 grey painted rims at first, but they are starting to grow on me.

1041 - 1060 of 1092 Posts