Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1101 - 1120 of 1143 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is the color I am looking at with these rims. Is that Modern Steel? Can you get more pictures?
This is the color I am looking at with these rims. Is that Modern Steel? Can you get more pictures?
I just finished a 2-step polish with Sonax Perfect Finish and Menzerna P3800 Finishing Polish. Then I did a ceramic coating.....GTechnic Crystal Serum Light and EXO.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
581 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks great but I thought you were supposed to apply the ceramic directly to the paint surface and not wax, as it will prevent the ceramic from sticking?
I did not apply wax.....you have to get the paint surface perfectly clean....I did this by chemical decontamination using Gyeon Iron, then I mechanically deco'd using clay. Then I did a 2-step polish to amp up the gloss and remove small scratches and swirls....using Sonax Perfect Finish (its a polish and not a wax), 2nd step was done really to "jewel" the paint....Menzerna P3800 Finishing Polish....then I wiped it down with GTechnic Panel Wipe to remove any polishing oils left on the paint.....then I applied the ceramic coating. Hope this clears up what I did.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Apologies in advance if this has already been done but I haven't found it.

With that said, I thought it might be useful if we had a thread where just pix of the new G2 could be posted. Would be a good way for owners to post pix of their new G2's and to be able to see/compare the various trim levels and colors all in one place.

Soooo.....start posting those pix and list trim level & color !! 😄

(mods: please delete this if such a thread already exists)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just finished a 2-step polish with Sonax Perfect Finish and Menzerna P3800 Finishing Polish. Then I did a ceramic coating.....GTechnic Crystal Serum Light and EXO.
How are you liking the CSL \ EXO. I just did my BE last weekend. I did a one step with M205 after a wash and Fall Out. Only 1500 miles on the truck. 1 coat CSL and 2 coats EXO v4. I also did the trim with C4 and the glass in G1. Going to do the wheels in C5.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How are you liking the CSL \ EXO. I just did my BE last weekend. I did a one step with M205 after a wash and Fall Out. Only 1500 miles on the truck. 1 coat CSL and 2 coats EXO v4. I also did the trim with C4 and the glass in G1. Going to do the wheels in C5.

View attachment 402099

View attachment 402100
Looks amazing. Can you translate your language on your products though? I’m not sure what all of that is and would like to look into them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Looks amazing. Can you translate your language on your products though? I’m not sure what all of that is and would like to look into them.
Qtechniq Products
CSL - Crystal Serum Light is the base ceramic coating
EXO - This is a coating put on top of the ceramic to give it depth and hydrophobic properties
C4 - This is a trim restorer \ protector \ coating
G1 - This is a ceramic coating for glass
C5 - This is a ceramic coating for wheels
W6 - This is a iron remover
PW - This is Panel Wipe, an alcohol based cleaner to take all polish and wax off paint before coating
M205 - This is a Mequiar's product for polishing paint
M105 - This is a Mequiar's compound product for correcting paint

There is more info in the my thread in the cleaning forum - Full Out Gtechniq Coating on Black Edition

·
Registered
40 Posts
Apologies in advance if this has already been done but I haven't found it.

With that said, I thought it might be useful if we had a thread where just pix of the new G2 could be posted. Would be a good way for owners to post pix of their new G2's and to be able to see/compare the various trim levels and colors all in one place.

Soooo.....start posting those pix and list trim level & color !! 😄

(mods: please delete this if such a thread already exists)

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,429 Posts
just a stocker at present, other than the Pilot wheels, rock/bug guard and tint. Bought 3rd week in April.....2020 RTL-E. Don’t miss the Ram 1500 4x4, despite it being a very good (& very big) vehicle. Really enjoying driving this.

·
Registered
2017 RTL-E, KMC 708 17” Wheels, 240/17/70 Cooper AT3 4S
32 Posts
just a stocker at present, other than the Pilot wheels, rock/bug guard and tint. Bought 3rd week in April.....2020 RTL-E. Don’t miss the Ram 1500 4x4, despite it being a very good (& very big) vehicle. Really enjoying driving this.

View attachment 402881
Looks good. I also came from a Ram 1500 but mine was an ecodiesel with plenty of issues. Ended up with the Ridgeline after a buyback. Don’t miss parking that Ram in downtown garages.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,429 Posts
Looks good. I also came from a Ram 1500 but mine was an ecodiesel with plenty of issues. Ended up with the Ridgeline after a buyback. Don’t miss parking that Ram in downtown garages.
Thanks. Spent a lot of time on the RAM forum and the Eco Diesels were hit and miss. Some guys had 130K on them w/o a lick of trouble while others grenaded at 30K. Hoping these G2's are reliable as we've had two flawless G1's so far. Honda these days seems to be mid pack regarding reliability.

·
Registered
2017 RTS White
296 Posts

View attachment 402881
Plus 1 on the Pilot wheels. Have them on my 17 RTS, not a fan of the "up graded" ones..

1101 - 1120 of 1143 Posts