1181 - 1200 of 1211 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline Pearl White Black Edition
125 Posts
Are those Honda Passport wheels? Looks terrific!
They sure are. Take offs, the original owner opted for 18s in fear of curbing 20s. I wish they came off an Elite which are black. But the gray contrast has grown on me

My BE wheels are being stored.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Been taking out the 2017 Ridgeline to the beach surf fishing proving all those AWD haters wrong. Nothing more annoying that reading these 4x4 guys that AWD drives need to stay away from the beach while I passed by a stuck new Ford Ranger who blew ride by me on the beach. Sucks to be them.now just waiting on my Truxx 1.5 leveling kit to stop plowing deeper rut sand 😅

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
After weeks of waiting, I finally got the Truxx leveling 1.5in leveling kit installed for about $650 including alignment. It's crazy what a difference the extra ground clearance makes and the confidence it gives you to drive without ripping or damaging the truck. Here's a before and after from today's fishing journey.

Now the biggest question is when I need to replace the tires is what size. I read alot and can decide what tires to get since everyone has a different experience with the 265s and 255s. I want something AT/slightly aggressive reading the higher chance of rubbing, is it worth taking a heat gone to the wheel well to increase clearance. Any input and pics on this would be great. Also, I'm aware of the now higher chance of rubbing with the front lift so hopefully someone who's had the same setup can share their recent experience

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good idea. I'll get it started!

2017 Black Edition
20% Window tint
Roof rack
Illuminated running board

Looks great. Could you tell me if you have had any issues with the illuminated running board lights. My RTL E is not here yet but I am trying to decide which boards to get. Thanks

·
Administrator
19,520 Posts
Looks great. Could you tell me if you have had any issues with the illuminated running board lights. My RTL E is not here yet but I am trying to decide which boards to get. Thanks
That member hasn't logged on to this forum since 2019.

The LED lights in the running boards are known to fail. Honda released a service bulletin about it. It is unknown whether the issue has been addressed or not.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That member hasn't logged on to this forum since 2019.

The LED lights in the running boards are known to fail. Honda released a service bulletin about it. It is unknown whether the issue has been addressed or not.
Thanks for the info again zroger73. I will check with Honda and see if the problem has been resolved and let you know what I find.

·
Administrator
19,520 Posts
Thanks for the info again zroger73. I will check with Honda and see if the problem has been resolved and let you know what I find.
I'll save you the time...

YOU: "Has the lamp life issue been resolved on the illuminated running boards?"
HONDA: "We're not aware of any lamp life issues. If you have a problem, check with your dealer."

DEALER: "We're not aware of any lamp life issues."

The TSB states that if any of the lights aren't working to replace all four lights which suggests that the lamp assembly may have been improved; however, there is no warranty extension (the normal warranty applies).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll save you the time...

HONDA: "We're not aware of any lamp life issues. If you have a problem, check with your dealer."

DEALER: "We're not aware of any lamp life issues."

The TSB states that if any of the lights aren't working to replace all four lights which suggests that the lamp assembly may have been improved; however, there is no warranty extension (the normal warranty applies).
Thanks again zroger73, after we talked I called the Honda dealer. I pretty much got the same answer. I have canceled the illuminated running boards and choose another one. I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was never a fan of gen2, but needed a practical real world truck. I was missing out. Bought my '17 RTL-T on the 4th of July barely broke in used. She got some wheels and exhaust today.
Vision 143 gunmetal gray 20"
Magna Flow bolt on exhaust
AEM Cold Air Intake
Extang Trifecta 2.0 (on its way)
Burtman 2/3 lowering kit in the near future.

Attachments

1181 - 1200 of 1211 Posts