Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me two days to notice that my Ridgeline had no tailpipes. After crawling around under it I finally saw one. Does Honda hide them to improve off-roading? To save money? Or to thumb their noses at almost every other vehicle on the road? Do you miss your tail pipes or is it ok?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Itt has a tailpipe.... it just does not come with an exhaust finisher or polished tip. that's a Honda accessory I had on my '14 CRV. Not sure if it would be visible on the ridgeline. You can always go to your local parts store and buy one for $10 and stick it on yourself, all kinds of different finishes, angles, lengths, all kinds...

They were going to incorporate this one but subaru won the bid.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I guess I got my answer. I prefer not having them also. Maybe I'm just out of touch on new vehicles but everything I'd had in the past had a tail pipe (extender). I'd prefer not having to pay for one in the base price.

Possibly maybe a few more doo-dads can be removed to save on price.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had not noticed it on the RL but I definitely noticed it on the '16 Pilot. Not a fan. Looks wimpy, more like a minivan without the pipes.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had not noticed it on the RL but I definitely noticed it on the '16 Pilot. Not a fan. Looks wimpy, more like a minivan without the pipes.
Once you miss it and look for it I suppose it looks wimpy. At the same time it has a clean non-cluttered look that reduces air resistance (turbulence) and weighs less. Probably the way of the future. I'm leaning toward looking better. But it is definitely not macho.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Looks wimpy, more like a minivan without the pipes.
They did that so the big truck guys could make fun of us.

It is all about perception sometimes. On the one hand, the RL is maybe not good for rock crawling but OTOH, on a road course, most "real trucks" would have rolled over long before the RL does. Much like the engine on a dragster is an amazing sound but can be smoked in many cases by a nearly silent electric.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
So lets say it had all the same features, mileage and size but more clearance in front and looked a bit more "truck like" in some of our minds, not like a SUV or car would you early buyers or ones ready to buy it think sales would increase or decrease or did you buy it cause its a Honda and you need a new vehicle now. Im not there yet, could be but it would have helped a lot.

·
Registered
971 Posts
So lets say it had all the same features, mileage and size but more clearance in front and looked a bit more "truck like" in some of our minds, not like a SUV or car would you early buyers or ones ready to buy it think sales would increase or decrease or did you buy it cause its a Honda and you need a new vehicle now. Im not there yet, could be but it would have helped a lot.
Well I'm a believer it would increase a bit not a crazy amount though. I also think its more important to the ones who want it and less important to the group of buyers who don't care. Meaning they would buy it anyways if it had a more truck like stance ( not 100% clear as it changes from some points of view) however you know what I mean aggressive grill and wheels with more lift. I think the people who already bought it would have picked one up regardless. They mostly want mpg bit better same/similar features as before (in bed storage flat floor with flip up seats and towing/size etc doesn't matter so much. I think the answer is or was to have one trim that is off-road like image even if the truck is not exactly a true off-road style of truck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah. I wish it looked about 5% more "truck" like, but I'm almost 2 weeks in with mine and I care less about that each day.

If I were going to wish, it would be for better clearance, fewer (or no) "shiny" exterior parts (inserts in bumper, door handles, etc - what is wrong with matte black), headlights that didn't look so girlish (no offense intended), remove the shark fin, and make the front look a little less like the Pilot.

Since I'm wishing, they would also fix the back door opening, give me a sunglass holder that was actually big enough for a pair of sunglasses and a locking tonneau option.

Where I think that Honda can add to their early success (aside from fixing the issues cropping up on the forum), is to adjust their trim levels. Bring down some of the technology options to lower trim levels and offer an off-road version. Not to compete with the Taco, but some people like the look and/or need something a little more. Ask Toyota how many 4x2 TRDs and Predator versions they sell (it's a lot), and give every model a nanny mirror - cause not doing so is just flat out cheap to the point of being shameful. People on a budget have kids too.

Personally, I think that the market share will get large enough that we'll see a reasonable amount of aftermarket accessories to fill in some of the gaps. That's what I'm waiting on. Until then, it's a nice comfortable ride and I'm getting used to people pointing down at me and laughing from their F-250s and Sierra HD's.

#RedneckCountry #CallingItMyChurchTruck

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
If you miss the tailpipes, be proactive and be the first one to run stacks through the bed. ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
give me a sunglass holder that was actually big enough for a pair of sunglasses and a locking tonneau option.
How true...not sure how much I'll use the sunglasses holder as mine has gotten stuck twice with the sunglasses inside....not a friendly design, that's for sure...

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^ 'would be fun to see on of our resident photo-shop wizards put these on a G2!
5-minute quickie Photoshop hack....

Attachments

Reactions: Hot Rod and Blueboy

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
where is that video of the new ridgeline undercarriage? I think it is a dealer and they back the truck up over a video camera. i want to see the exhaust

1 - 20 of 25 Posts