• No Way

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thanks!! Send me a PM or email to arrange payment.
No problem! Happy to help a "neighbor" out! We ROC'ers have to take care of each other!;)
I'll get the hat, send it to you then let you know total for hat and shipping and then we can figure out payment arrangements.
PM me with your address, okay.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Has anyone looked at the shipping cost? $6.99 for ground shipping it sounds a bit much for a hat that sells for $9.75. I was going to buy one but lost interest. I would rather pay $15 to the club and $2 for shipping. $7 feels like a ripoff to me. Sully

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Nice hat! :cool:

Got mine and now I know what 'polynosic' is! Real soft... unstructured... just what I wanted. :)

Funny how a new hat gets noticed... and now I'm sure there are at least three new 'guest lurkers' at the ROC. ;)
C'mon guys! You might as well join! Even if you don't have Ridgelines.............

... yet! :D

Thanks Trevor!
Pug

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Has anyone looked at the shipping cost? $6.99 for ground shipping it sounds a bit much for a hat that sells for $9.75. I was going to buy one but lost interest. I would rather pay $15 to the club and $2 for shipping. $7 feels like a ripoff to me. Sully
I'd be more apt to buy one with a $6.99 shipping.....Shipping to my zip code is $9.30.

A few months ago I placed an order with HandA. I ordered a new air filter, 6 oil filters and drain washers, glovebox organizer, and a couple other items... shipping was $12.

How can this hat be so expensive to ship??

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)

We are selling the hat at our cost and the shipping is charged out at UPS's minimum of under a pound.
Unfortunately, UPS doesn't care what the hat costs, just how much it weighs, how big it is and where it is going. Even with it being light and small they still have minimums.

My original post on it had it at $16.95 with shipping included. I split it up so that if you order the hat with other items it doesn't add anything at all to the total shipping charge. Otherwise if you bought the hat and anything else you would be charged the $16.95 for the hat with shipping and then whatever shipping charge the other item had. This way it is just the $9.75 for the hat and the same shipping as if you hadn't added the hat to the cart with other items.

Some zip codes will be more than the 16.95 total but most should be close to that.

-Trevor

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
I'd be more apt to buy one with a $6.99 shipping.....Shipping to my zip code is $9.30.

A few months ago I placed an order with HandA. I ordered a new air filter, 6 oil filters and drain washers, glovebox organizer, and a couple other items... shipping was $12.

How can this hat be so expensive to ship??
What is the zip code? My guess is that the $9.30 is the minimum charge from UPS due to location and the other order you placed was for just a couple pounds which generally only adds a $2-3 increase over their minumum. Its the initial charge for getting their truck to drive to your house on small shipments that stands out.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
What is the zip code? My guess is that the $9.30 is the minimum charge from UPS due to location and the other order you placed was for just a couple pounds which generally only adds a $2-3 increase over their minumum. Its the initial charge for getting their truck to drive to your house on small shipments that stands out.
My zip code is 43021. Can I have it sent to another address? It appears that where my wife works 43081, or where her parents live 43229 would be the $6.99 shipping. I'm about 10 miles from either of those zips...I guess there is an upcharge to go the extra 10 miles.
I don't really understand why, FEDEX and UPS go by my house daily.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Thanks! It is hard to describe a fabric and 'polynosic' doesn't exactly sound like much, but it is a really nice material.

We'd been working on getting the hat out for quite some time. The logo was so similar to the ROC one that it didn't seem right to me just to use it without any acknowlegement to the club. With the minimums for getting them made up and the extra charges for all the stitching it made it a bit difficult to commit to but I'm real happy with the finished product.

-Trevor

Nice hat! :cool:

Got mine and now I know what 'polynosic' is! Real soft... unstructured... just what I wanted. :)

Funny how a new hat gets noticed... and now I'm sure there are at least three new 'guest lurkers' at the ROC. ;)
C'mon guys! You might as well join! Even if you don't have Ridgelines.............

... yet! :D

Thanks Trevor!
Pug

·
Registered
707 Posts
Got mine today, and also one for HH4 that I'll be sending to Canada for him.

Trevor,
That is a great hat! I am so glad I ordered it! Your description just didn't do it justice! I know you tried but..... Thank you!
If other ROC'ers were "thinking" about it and didn't get one yet, you better get one now because when you see them on someone at a meet somewhere you are going to be sorry you didn't get one;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Got mine the other day! Nice hat... Thanks Trevor!

How about shirts? Any chance you can make one with a different design than the one we bought through T Mac? Those are nice too but would like to have one with a different design.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
thanks! No plans for a shirt as of now. They get a bit more complex with needing different sizes and the minimum order levels generally move them out of reach.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
someone just pounded on my front door, as I went to see who it is, I notice the UPS driver walking out of my yard, I look down and see a box, opened the box and low and behold I received my new Ridgeline hat. Very Nice and soft, I'm wearing it already. THANKS:)

41 - 60 of 84 Posts