Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have 2006 Ridgeline. When my hood is fully closed, it remains elevated at the very front about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch. I know that the hood is fully engaged with the latch, because the interior latch release works and disengages the hood to that second level (where you open with the release mechanism under the front of the hood to raise the hood completely).

In other words, there is some play such that when driving down the road, I see the hood bouncing slightly up and down and I can hear a rumbling sound in the latch area.

What can I do about this? Has the hood latch slipped up slightly from the truck chassis, thus preventing a snug fit against the little rubber bumpers that the hood sits on when closed?

Does anyone have any ideas about what I might do? I would prefer to fix myself if possible.

I am grateful for any reply. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Check the bolts where the hinges bolt to the hood. It would seem it has to do with an adjustment in the front but when I put my figgs kit on the bolts were like plastic. I got new ones and had to do some time consuming adjusting to get it to close right.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
You can adjust those little rubber bumpers by screwing them in/out.

Yes and no.
The latch might be the issue, not the bumpers.

Do this test first. Hold the hoof six inches open, and drop it. Dont slam it.
If it latches fully then you will need to adjust the latch AND the bumpers.
Remember also Honda hood latches have TWO clicks.

Here is how you adjust the hood height.
Take the bumper cover off. ( I am sorry but it makes it WAY easier )
There is three 10mm bolts holding the latch on. Remove those and set the latch to the side. The hood should dictate where the latch goes, not the other way around. Close the hood. Use those little twisty bumpers to set the height.
Once you are happy with your height check your gaps, just in case. They should be fine but if they are not. that also is easy adjustment.
If everything looks good put the latch back in and set it dead center and as high up as you possibly can. Now gently close the hood. One click, two click. It should require only light pressure.
Now you might need a long extension and or a swivel to do this nest step.
Reach up in there and crack loose the three 10mm bolts. The hood will now drop right down to where you had it. With your hand gently rest it on the hood right over the latch pushing it down ever so slightly. Tighten the three 10mm bolts.
DONE !!!!!!!!
Check by holding the hood six inches open and drop it. It should fully latch.
Give the latch bolts one more good snug before you put the front cover back on.

:act035:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I love this forum

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the great replies.

K-Dog, I appreciate your long message, however I am afraid I want to make sure I understand. You say "Take the bumper cover off. ( I am sorry but it makes it WAY easier )". Do you actually mean to take off the entire truck bumper? If so, that is a non-starter for me.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yes that is what I meant. Its really not that hard even for a novice.
And you are very welcome.

·
Registered
539 Posts
K-dog is right on!!! Great explination!!!;act028:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts