Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,
I think Honda is losing sales to tradespeople and contractors! I love my truck, but I have had problems hauling lumber. I also had a canoe that needed a proper lumber type rack in the bed to support it.

Why has Honda overlooked installation points for a lumber type rack? If Honda added square holes on the top of the bed rails, a lumber rack could be inserted. :confused: Considering Honda's ability to innovate, I am sure they could think up something even better!

By not allowing tradespeople to add a lumber type rack, Honda loses a large portion of the truck buying public. Look the trucks people use for work. For all of its fantastic innovations, Ridgelines are seen as being as versatile as the competition.

If this reaches someone in Honda Land let me know!
Thomas from Kailua

·
Registered
125 Posts
Kargomaster has quite a nice rack for sale. I recommend it (reservedly) highly. It mounts to the tie down bracket points. I use it all the time and it really makes the truck a truck.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Honda's target market for the Ridgeline is not the tradesman. It's designed for the family guy with kids who needs an all purpose vehicle. It's for the guy who needs a truck occasionally for a trip to Home Depot, to tow a boat once in a while, carry recreational gear, carry the family on vacation, commute to work and take the wife out to dinner.

Hey, i just described me.

If you want to turn the RL into a trades friendly vehicle, there are aftermarket items that will let you do that. But, Honda didn't design the RL for that market.....

·
Registered
315 Posts
There is a contacter in my area that uses a ladder rack for his RL. They make em...just hard to find em.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
yea a nice strong ladder rack solution would make the RL more useful, but most contractors are gonna have a sturdy trailer to haul around material and tools.

you can only put so much weight on the roof of any vehicle before it becomes unsafe, and the few racks available out there can certainly hold a canoe, ladder, copper/pvc piping or even a small amount of long lumber (150-200 lbs...)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Beaullieu you decribed me as well. I don't have a need for a truck all the time. Just every now and then. Also I was sick of borring one. The Ridgeline is a perfect fit for me. Most wouldn't consider it a 'real' truck, but for me it is exactly what I needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Honda's target market for the Ridgeline is not the tradesman. It's designed for the family guy with kids who needs an all purpose vehicle. It's for the guy who needs a truck occasionally for a trip to Home Depot, to tow a boat once in a while, carry recreational gear, carry the family on vacation, commute to work and take the wife out to dinner.

Hey, i just described me.
^^^ this.

I needed a new truck to haul my snowmobiles. My outback was ok but it's not designed to haul long distances. Snowmobiles, gear, 3 dogs and Wife, I couldn't ask for a more versatile vehicle. I love my outback but the Ridgeline takes it to the next level. If i was a contractor I would buy a full sized truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts