Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 Ridgeline cap leaks at the tailgate from above. I installed it after I bought it used. The cap looks great and doesn’t leak except from the top of the tailgate. Is there a distance from the back of the cap to the truck body. I don’t show any. Perhaps I’m causing the leak by installing to tight .The weather stripping is in place on the window. I’m thinking installing a larger weather strip around the top of the tailgate window but will wait to see if anyone has recommendations.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just installed one on my 2011... the rear window was out of adjustment and I had to 'adjust', aka fiddle to get an even pressure on the seal and the external alignment. I could lie and say there was a process but beyond an engineers intuition it was plain old dumb luck.

Also a port of the weather stripping was seperated so I re fastened it with some trim glue.

Did you also install the plastic piece to the top of the tailgate trim?
I don’t see a plastic piece . I reattached the weather stripping on the window and reattached the stripping around the opening on the cap. I don’t understand why there would be a gap between the stripping and the body of the cap. I sprayed sealant into the gap. We will see. I am curious about the plastic piece you mentioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts