Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find a Ridgeline License plate for the front of my truck? I've found some with the Honda logo, but nothing that says Ridgeline. If anyone knows of any, please post where I can find one.

L

·
0 Posts
wv ridgeline said:
Does anyone know where I can find a Ridgeline License plate for the front of my truck? I've found some with the Honda logo, but nothing that says Ridgeline. If anyone knows of any, please post where I can find one.
I custom make them. :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have one of the frames that is in the top picture that was used to bolt onto a Ridgeline to test the fit on the back of a Ridgeline. It is free (shipped within the 50 states) to the first person (only have one to give away) to reply to this post.

It is basically new except for the indents from the bolts.

-Trevor

·
Registered
333 Posts
H&A said:
I have one of the frames that is in the top picture that was used to bolt onto a Ridgeline to test the fit on the back of a Ridgeline.
-Trevor
How did it fit? I was surprised on my RL to find the rear plate just barely fit above the step plate. I couldn't use the frame from the dealer, as it made it just slightly taller (no more than an 1/8") and the bolts would not fit.

Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes...only the license plate will fit on the rear...no room for any plate protectors there. OH WELL! The plate fits into a groove on the step part of the rear bumper, so there is no room for one.

George

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
It's something many of us have complained about. We have a decorative plate holder on the front and would have put the same on the back if they would have designed the truck to allow for one.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I bought a rear license plate holder that was chrome barb-wire ( matched me having a horse ) It would not fit until I did some serious modifing to the holder. You cant tell I did anything and it looks great but I shouldnt have had to do that.

·
Registered
762 Posts
farmguy said:
How did it fit? I was surprised on my RL to find the rear plate just barely fit above the step plate. I couldn't use the frame from the dealer, as it made it just slightly taller (no more than an 1/8") and the bolts would not fit.

Anyone else notice this?

I had to push down on the bolts some to get them started and the bottom won't fit flush as it has to sit infront of the slot that the plate is supposed to go in:
http://handa-accessories.com/ridgelineplateframefit.jpg
it also may have been made a little easier since they had already forced the dealer frame onto it.

-Trevor

·
Registered
19 Posts
My license plate actually slides down into the bumper a little. There is no room for any holder that has any border on the bottom.

·
Registered
62 Posts
aridgeforme said:
Looks like H&A highjacked a thread. I thought this was about license plates not frames?
I like your plate LadyRidge. How can I get one??
Yeh, that's what I thought:rolleyes: Hey LadyRidge, do you also have other license plate design?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Do Ridgelines have factory drilled front holes? Just curious since they seems to come with color matched bumper plugs. I hate it when dealers drill for a front plate-I wouldn't even take a car that a dealer had drilled the front-especailly in a state where no front plate is required. If the holes are drilled at the factory, I guess I'll have to accept it, but one of the conditions in my offer will be that there will be no dealer advertising on the truck when I pick it up. No plates, frames, decals, etc.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts