Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did anyone get some sort of holder for their Ridgeling Manuals? Mine were handed to me in an Envelope from Office Depot! Is my dealership just trying to save a few bucks? I don't know. If this is standard practice I can tell you I have found a real nice holder for your manuals and cards. I will post a pic later in the week.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got a nice zip lock baggy. :) I was kinda disappointed to not have binder or wallet of some kind. I should have kept the one out of my camry and put the camry manual in the zip lock baggy.

Kevin

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mine came in a plastic bag. I kept the fancy portfolio from my Acura MDX so I now have the upgraded Ridgeline.

·
Registered
159 Posts
LOL ! They gave us a blue cover that the books just slipped right in nice and neet. Now we got our other honda somewhere else and they also gave us REAL nice HONDA key chains and me a ball cap.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mine came in a convenient holder that folds open with pockets on either side. There are also business card size pockets on the outside. :)

Same dealer 2 years ago; my Accord manual came in a ziploc-like plastic bag. :(

I am happy they have spent the extra coin for a new holder. My wife's Subaru manual comes in a real nice padded holder with Subaru pressed into the outside of it. Very professional. :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
All I got was every thing in a zip lock baggie, if fact it was just a plastic bag, no cap, no key chains or anything nice like a folder. Even FORD gives you a nice folder for your stuff. I think that this was hopefully an oversite by some one at the dealers. Come on Honda, we all like your truck, makes us think its the best thing since sliced bread.

·
Registered
534 Posts
As with all my Hondas (6 previous ones), my RL's manuals came in a soft plastic folder with pockets and space for license and insurance cards.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hez,

You are right, my 4-Runner came with a nice hardcover that had places for your registration and Ins stuff, BUT NOT THE RIDGELINE.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
swishman said:
LOL ! They gave us a blue cover that the books just slipped right in nice and neet. Now we got our other honda somewhere else and they also gave us REAL nice HONDA key chains and me a ball cap.
Well it is obivious that it is up to the Dealer to supply something to hold your manuals. Paper envelops and plastic zip-locks... Give me a break. Tomorrow I will post some photos of a pretty nice case you can purchase. And it's not very expensive!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ridgeline Manuals in an Bag. Why ???

I agree that Honda should have provided an impressive manual holder to be consistent with the impressive vehicle.
The "little things" do count (as they add up) in making the overall RL experience awesome ... ;).
There appears to have been some cost cutting in the RL developement.
Maybe some of the cost cutting will be removed in the next RL version.

I feel that the RL is much more then "just a truck", and should be treated as such ... :).

My manuals were delivered to me in a zip-lock bag.
While I find the manuals are very well written, I feel the binding and format is standard.

My VW manuals came in a very nice 5 ring binder with a VW pen and holder ... all provided by VW. This format also made revisions easier.
The manual had many colored photos with arrows pointing to the vehicle features under discussion rather than B/W drawings.
The glove compartment also had a special shelf for the manuals above the other contents that made access to them perfect when needed.
These features would work nice with the existing RL thoughtful features.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I too received the same blue booklet holder that Swishman did. Not overly impressive, but certainly much more than the Office Depot envelope or zip bag others have received. Now we know how Honda can avoid the deep rebates game! We're on to them!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yup, received my manual in an envelope...how cheap! I looked around for something better to hold my stuff and came across this neat case at Cracker Barrel (of all places). It's made by Axius/AutoExpressions and called the Premier Glove Box Organizer. It doesn't hold everything, but most importantly it protects the manual. I've included some pics for your viewing pleasure :D

Here's the official document: http://www.auto-expressions.net/Organizers 60-62.pdf

-SixOpRidge

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
SixOpRidge,
Hope I spelled that correctly, that is a neat case. But the point is we spend all that money on a great truck, and our manuels came in a cheap plastic bag. I store my manuel in an old shoe box at the moment, until I find something like you found at Cracker Barrel.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ditto here. A zip lock baggie. Really a shoddy touch to such a fine vehicle. Curiously, my 2003 Civic EX manual was also provided in a zip lock baggie. :rolleyes:

Now Mazda, provided a very nice case along with their '01 Miata SE. :cool:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Is this really an issue? For crying out loud. Gimme the bag and innovative engineering ANY DAY.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rogerstruck said:
SixOpRidge,
Hope I spelled that correctly, that is a neat case. But the point is we spend all that money on a great truck, and our manuels came in a cheap plastic bag. I store my manuel in an old shoe box at the moment, until I find something like you found at Cracker Barrel.

WOW... I did not know a shoe box would bit in the glove box. Hey does anyone ever keep their "gloves" in the glove box?

My wife found my holder at Stapels.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
I "Found" my Manuals in a holder -- The Glove Box. NOT even in a Zip Lock!! :( :confused: :cool:

shovelhd is right. I was too excited about getting my RTL to care. Now I feel a little gipped, oh well. LOL

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think it's a good thing when people are so happy with their vehicle that they end up nitpicking about what packaging the manual came in. It sure beats a huge thread about broken water pumps or jacked up trannies. I would advise ignoring threads like these if this kind of stuff annoys you, but then I would be a hypocrite because I just can't stay away. It's like watching a car wreck or that Bobby and Whitney show... :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts