Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both Handa and College Hills offer this interior trim package for $286.80 and I am tempted to order. After examining the installation directions, I am concerned about my ability to correctly install the trim.

Have you installed this package yourself? Comments?

Have you had this package installed by a dealer? Comments?

Thanks for any assistance.

I have driven my Ridgeline since February 28 and I feel no sense of loss about having to replace my Ford pickup. But then, this is my fifth Honda, and I have come to expect excellence. Superb in every respect!

Gail

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Gail's Silver RTL said:
Both Handa and College Hills offer this interior trim package for $286.80 and I am tempted to order. After examining the installation directions, I am concerned about my ability to correctly install the trim.
Have you installed this package yourself? Comments?
Gail

It's easy, just peel and stick. Just be sure to clean the dash surface with alcohol first to make sure it sticks good. Here's a pic in this thread:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387&highlight=pics+blue

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just installed my metal trim kit on my truck today. Actually a pretty easy task, other than having to commit to finish it once you begin the dash. I got the installation instructions from H&A's web site for Interior Accessories/Interior Trim Kit/Installation Instructions.

I started on the rear door trim, thinking that I would get some practice getting it right before I tackled the dash. It was the right call. I figured out some easier ways to do it by the time I did the dash.

Pre-cut/tear the masking tape into (a lot of) little pieces a half inch wide or so. I found that if I had the trim piece upside down and used the tape piece, sticky side up, I could slide it under the tinted double sided tape backing strip tab. Then I just pushed down with my finger into the tape. This stuck the tab on first. Then just peal a little off so the tape reaches the front side of the piece.

It sure makes a difference. Now people won't sit down and immediately go, "What's this for?" as they grab the big silver door handles. The interior looks complete now.

Why Honda does not include this as a standard level of trim on a high-end model is beyond me. Isn't the RTL/ Navi the high-end interior? Have I missed something?

Honda, are you reading these posts??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts