Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
That looks amazing. Makes me hate Honda marketing for not building a promotional vehicle like this, and the engineers for not giving it a little more power and suspension travel.
Anyone that knows the e-mail addresses of any honda designers or whatnot please forward this.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Very cool jammiman!

Maybe those Baja winner Ridgelines are for sale somewhere!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
the rendering looks amazing but if I had to nitpick. I like the roof rack/lights on the pencil outline version better
Matt - that is the stock roof rack with 3 10" LED off road lights mounted to it. I changed my mind on the rack because I am getting the exact rack/light combo on this truck:

I did the vehicle rendering for this truck for the 2010 SEMA show build, and now the rack is sitting on the Rockstar Garage floor, so Im going to pick it up in two weeks. It is a one of a kind rack so nobody else can have one :act035:

I agree that the pencil drawing is a bit more tame, but i figured... wtf, why not? If I don't like it then I can just put the lights on the stock rack and sell the aftermarket one.

Thanks for the comment!

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are a few pics of where the truck build is as of this weekend. I took it out on the trails near saguaro lake AZ and we found the hidden 4x4 beach on the back side of the lake. It was a beautiful day and there was only one section of trail that I was not able to climb because of a 3' wide trench that had opened at the top.

Overall, I am really impressed with the trucks handling, especially in the loose sand, never even felt like it was going to get stuck.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The roof rack looks great! kinda put my foot in my mouth. Trying to imagine the rendering as real life I pictures it different, but it really looks good.

Whats the red on the grill in your rendering?

I had more questions and comments but it's all drunk in here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know how you feel, the renderings and the real things are always a bit different. The red badge on the grille was meant to be a SOHC badge to overlay the grillecraft logo badge, I just haven't made it yet.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I know how you feel, the renderings and the real things are always a bit different. The red badge on the grille was meant to be a SOHC badge to overlay the grillecraft logo badge, I just haven't made it yet.
I looked at the red spot on the rendering as a small dim red LED strip in the corner of the grill and thought it looked really cool. I'm not sue why I like it, while it would serve no purpose, but looked as if it did. kinda like knight rider, but not as lame. I may take my misinterpretation and use it on my truck.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Jammiman: VERY SWEET RIDE!! :act035: and here comes the questions> Stock 18" rims painted black?? Lifted?? What kind of bull bar is riding in front with the red attachment points?? Any plans to change over the headlights to match the rendering?? Love that you have a one of a kind roof rack, but how did you wire the 10" led's?? Nice touch on blacking out the taillights! All around very well done, and Im VERY sure more to come!! KEEP ROCing!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what are you plans for making those headlights? I've always wanted to do a projector retrofit. A detailed writeup on it would be greatly appreciated by a lot of us.
Matt,

I don't know if I have the time or patience to attempt a headlight retrofit myself. I love to build custom stuff, but I don't feel like headlights are a good place for an amateur to screw around. There are two companies that I am talking to about working in trade for a set of lights right now, both of them are in the process of putting together proposals. The cheapest that I can get a set of lights like the rendering so far is $1100, the second quote was $1650. I have no intention of spending that much though - I always get parts for free or in trade so I will just have to be patient!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.