Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my brother bought a Ridgeline over the Tacoma and I would like to add he is very happy with it.

Now he does have a few quirks that I am helping him with.

This would be the vulnerable tranni and oilpan as there is no protection at these points so careful when venturing off the beaten path.
Now I will be making skidplates for this truck and should be ready in June (as I have the truck when I need to fit the plates). I will post trail pics as well as skidplate pics when I am closer to the finished product. :)

So this truck went up a grease slickened hill, at an angle but made it up. This truck he took it out in the mud and some other various little trecks so far . I will post some pics of the truck going into a secluded lake pulling a boat when the time comes. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I will be selling them Tiger. I don't know the price yet but i will post pics on my website. I will make a new link when I get closer as I am just fitting some of my prototypes next week when I get them finished Should have the protos done by Wednesday.
My site
BlackPanther Armor

:)
Happy to help you all out for you adventure type guys/gals and I will be proud to offer skidplates for the Ridgeline :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Excellent news! This is something I want! Thanks for coming to the forum to let us know.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Thanks for posting. I will be checking that site for the Ridgeline products.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I agree. The complete absence of skid plates, even as an option on the Ridgeline, has always puzzled me. Good to see the aftermarket picking up the slack.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Outback said:
Yes I will be selling them Tiger. I don't know the price yet but i will post pics on my website. I will make a new link when I get closer as I am just fitting some of my prototypes next week when I get them finished Should have the protos done by Wednesday.
My site
BlackPanther Armor

Happy to help you all out for you adventure type guys/gals and I will be proud to offer skidplates for the Ridgeline :cool:
You've got a sale here! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I should have the proto skidplates ready by Mid Week I will post then in my Future Products link until I get closer to the Final production skidplates. Then I will make them a Link of their own.

Thanks Guys,

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Truckin' said:
Excellent news! This is something I want! Thanks for coming to the forum to let us know.
This is something that is needed,and we would deffiently be intrested:D If it's none right it should work:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Outback said:
Well I should have the proto skidplates ready by Mid Week I will post then in my Future Products link until I get closer to the Final production skidplates. Then I will make them a Link of their own.

Thanks Guys,

Awesome news Outback, Thanks for stepping up to the plate on this issue. As more of our members venture into the "outback" (great photos from Truckin BTW) we really appreciate your support in manufacturing these very useful items. Are you going to provide rear diff and transmission protection as well? and are they currently being made from powder-coated mild steel?

Thanks, Great website too........

Ron

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Thanks for the compliment on my pics, Ron. Here's the thread for anyone curious about which pics he's talking about:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8523

You and BIGGUY failed to notice this thread is over a year old. I think Outback has abandoned his quest to make skip plates for us.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Truckin' said:
You and BIGGUY failed to notice this thread is over a year old. I think Outback has abandoned his quest to make skip plates for us.

I was thinking the same thing. And gorgeous pics by the way Truckin'. You two go to some really beautiful places. I envy you!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here is an e-mail I got yesterday

HI Greg,

I am not working on skidplates for the Honda Ridgline. The reason for this is that the engine falls in the event of an accident. Any skid there would prevent the engine falling in a front end collision. I have spoken to a few Honda Reps and after the conversation with them I have come to the conclusion that it would be to costly to make skids for them.

Thank You,

Marcel Miller
http://www.blackpantherskidplates.com

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
G-Vac said:
And gorgeous pics by the way Truckin'. You two go to some really beautiful places. I envy you!
Thanks. It's a glorious aspect of living in the west. There are so many people here that don't take the time to get outdoors and out of town. I know lifelong Utahns who have never been to Yellowstone or any of the fabulous national parks we have in Utah. Oh well, just that much less crowded when we go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts