Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had fun this last week taking my Ridgeline up on the Columbia Plateau from the Yakima River Canyon.

Question: At one point I was in gear select 2 and the 4X4 lock was on but I couldn't move (lack of power - wheels not spinning)! I had to manually shift to 1st gear as it wouldn't kick itself down. Is this a design feature or ????

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
Norm said:
Had fun this last week taking my Ridgeline up on the Columbia Plateau from the Yakima River Canyon.

Question: At one point I was in gear select 2 and the 4X4 lock was on but I couldn't move (lack of power - wheels not spinning)! I had to manually shift to 1st gear as it wouldn't kick itself down. Is this a design feature or ????
Did you turn off VSA.
The problem is that VSA can actually stop you completely in very very click situations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When you select 2nd gear it locks the transmission in second gear. It will not down shift to first. See page 196 of your owner's manual

·
Registered
31 Posts
FreeRidge said:
When you select 2nd gear it locks the transmission in second gear. It will not down shift to first. See page 196 of your owner's manual
right, the same as any honda auto

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Freeridge and Dale:

You are correct - thanks! (I keep saying they should offer a 3 criedit college course based on the owners manual.)

That should be a nice feature on ice - being able to start in a higher gear to avoid wheel spin (combined with all of the other no-spin features).

Norm

(I don't think the VSA was an issue 1) I didn't have a traction problem and 2) there wasn't any indicator light)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Norm said:

great photo and idea dude. Love it. H HAHAHHA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts