Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought the RidgLine a couple of months ago after having several full-size trucks over the years. My last truck was an F150 4x4 and I hated getting into it. For one, it was so high off the ground (off road suspension - stock) and the short wheelbase (regular cab) would literally bounce you all over the place. Not a fun ride. When I sold it, I looked at everything and the very last thing I looked at was the RL. I am not sold on the looks as I think it is downright ugly, but I love the ride, the ease of ingress/egress and the versatility. I've had all the full-size trucks in the past and this one by far is the most car like.

Anyway, I changed the VTM-4 fluid yesterday morning and used my lift, so I thought I would show you a picture. I can't take the lift to it highest setting because my shop ceiling is only 9 feet, but for cars I can take it all the way up and easily sit on a stool to work under them. Nevertheless, I was able to get the Ridge high enough to easily change the differential fluid and work on the back brakes.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
Welcome to the ROC and congrats on your RL. I wasn't a fan of the styling either, but it grows on you, I actually LIKE the looks of my RL now. :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Nice, I also did not like some things from the RL when I got it, but once I tinted the windows and blacked out the wheels, it looks way better than any other stock ridge.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to know I am not alone in thinking the RL is not the prettiest girl in the room. All of that ugliness goes away when I'm driving it, mainly because I can no longer see it :act060:

Got to be on one of the best riding and most versatile trucks out there…

Even my wife prefers to drive it as opposed to the F150 we used to have, which is surprising to me as she is strictly a car girl.

Back to the lift..

It was one of the best investments I ever made 3 years ago. I got tired of constantly jacking up the car, placing jack stands and then getting down on the cold concrete to get under the car. And then it would never fail, you forget something and have to crawl back out, get whatever you forgot and crawl back under again. You can do it easily when you're young, but when you get older, it becomes painful and aggravating.

I've got a mechanics stool that is on casters and I can easily sit and roll under the car. If I forget something, it is easily retrieved by scooting over to the toolbox, grabbing what you need and sliding back to where you need to be. The highest the MaxJax will go is 48", which is perfect for me.

Here is a picture of my BMW 850i all the way up on the lift:

·
Registered
790 Posts
What a huge difference, the RL is big compared to that car, I thought it was a small lift but with that car all the way up it is not a small lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts