Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to ridgelineownersclub.com but just want to say there is A LOT of helpful information on the site. I am not a Ridgeline owner yet, but when I do purchase my future Amazon Green RTL w/NAV :D this site will have played a big part in my decision process. Thank you to everyone who makes this site possible.

I noticed on the main page that there will be ridgelineownersclub.com merchandise, decals, and t-shirts available soon--very cool. It would be cool if we could get ridgelineownersclub.com license plate holders. It would be a great way to increase visibility for the site and increase membership.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I hope you'll be getting your Ridge soon. You will love it.

I think we have a lot of creative people on this site and we may see all kinds of merchandise made just for us.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Great idea but keep in mind that there is no room on the back for a license frame holder. It would have to go on the front.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I disagree. My #2 plate frame fits. You have to fiddle with it a bit.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
shovelhd said:
I disagree. My #2 plate frame fits. You have to fiddle with it a bit.
That is nice, however, you may not be aware that vanity frames are illegal in Massachusetts on the back plate. I put my frame on the front, I used to have it on the rear but the local inspection stations (I had two cars both with the plates on the back, tried two different stations), wouldn't inspect the car with the vanity frames on. I had to remove them and put them on front before they would complete my inspection. You will find you will never get pulled over for this, or for putting the tinted covers over the plates either, but both are technically illegal and will be added to any ticket you may get. Guess the best thing is to not get a ticket.

·
Registered
774 Posts
captmiddy said:
That is nice, however, you may not be aware that vanity frames are illegal in Massachusetts on the back plate. I put my frame on the front, I used to have it on the rear but the local inspection stations (I had two cars both with the plates on the back, tried two different stations), wouldn't inspect the car with the vanity frames on. I had to remove them and put them on front before they would complete my inspection. You will find you will never get pulled over for this, or for putting the tinted covers over the plates either, but both are technically illegal and will be added to any ticket you may get. Guess the best thing is to not get a ticket.
And I thought Virginia had strange rules with their radar restrictions. I guess that means you can't get vanity PLATES either since too many people would be rearending other cars because they were too busy trying to decipher cryptic vanity plates.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I have green and white plates. It's not illegal.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
shovelhd said:
I have green and white plates. It's not illegal.
From the Mass RMV Page.

Q: I was told my vehicle failed because the dealer license plate frame obstructs the logo "The Spirit of America" or "Massachusetts."

A: Regulations require that all letters, numbers, stickers, and symbols must be clearly visible on the number plate. A number plate frame that obstructs any part of the plate is illegal, and you could be fined for having an obstructed plate.

If you happen to have a large frame that sits outside the plate and doesn't block any of the labels on the plate then you are fine. Like I said, they won't chase you down for it but if you do get stopped you can be cited.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
captmiddy said:
From the Mass RMV Page.

Q: I was told my vehicle failed because the dealer license plate frame obstructs the logo "The Spirit of America" or "Massachusetts."

A: Regulations require that all letters, numbers, stickers, and symbols must be clearly visible on the number plate.
That's my point. The green and white plates are different. Nothing is blocked. I don't need a front plate, either.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
shovelhd said:
That's my point. The green and white plates are different. Nothing is blocked. I don't need a front plate, either.
Here to wishing I had been here long enough ago to get Green plates. Unfortunately I think I registered my first vehicle in Mass the year after the green plates were phased out. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
They're going to take it away sooner or later. It's only a matter of time. Until then I'm enjoying the benefits :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts