Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen an RT yet - with the black bumper and steel wheels? Anyone have any links or pics they can post? I was going to order an RT but was curious what it looks like with a black bumper and steel wheels.

I hate to pay list price on anything let alone spending an extra 8% for stuff I really don't need.

Thanks!

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you can get the real brochure, there is a picture near the back, you can't see the black bumpers very well, but the wheels, and black door handles and mirrors to show. It is teh page where they describe the 3 models, RT, RTS, and RTL, there are 2 RL's picture the side of a steel blue RT, and the back of a red one either an RTS or RTL. Its on the second last page, and it looks nice, its the one I want too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a copy of the brochure - none of the dealers have any near me.

Can someone scan and post the pic for me? I want to place an order this week. Thanks!

·
Registered
200 Posts
OK, let me try this again. Here is a picture from the brochure, it is a side shot, so while you can see the steel wheels, and black door handles, and mirror, even in the brochure you can't see the bumper that well.

Hope it helps, I know what you are goinf through as I too want an RT and can find no great pictures.

Someone had said that the local dealer would have thier RL on the 22nd, so perhaps he might be able to get actual photos for us.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the pic.

I thought the RT was suppose to have a black bumper - but it looks body color on that one.

Anyway, I found out from the dealer that Honda is forecasting that only 3% of the Ridgelines will be RT, 17% RTS and 30% RTL - which means the other 50% will be the fully loaded Nav, Moonroof, or both.

That would probably mean that the dealers will order that mix - so it might be tough to get a RT without ordering it. As the ordering cycle is long, this may be a classic case of upselling - where the forecast becomes a self full filling prophecy.

My dealer is suppose to get an RTL this Friday so hopefully I'll be able to drive it and check it out this weekend.

No word on any RT coming in thought.....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Maybe the bumpers are not black afterall. If you look at the honda website today, when you click on RT, the picture shows only black door handles, and mirrors, the bumpers are still silver.
Also in the specs, the only place it mentions non body color is for the mirror, no mentin of black bumpers.

So that is good news, :) but no mention at all of the tonneau cover on the honda website? This is not good news :mad:

I hope this is the case.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saturday I was at one of the dealers in Atlanta and the salesman gave me the 2006 Ridgeline Accessories brochure and it has the tonneau cover.. There are two pictures---one with cover and tailgate closed and the other with the cover and tailgate open...It folds in the middle and says it is "rugged and lockable"...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts