Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Working a deal on an RTL. Was at the dealership until 8pm :). Thinking about getting the RTL they have. It's stickered at 34,500. Has hitch and towing gear, mudflaps added. Not sure what else was not standard equipment. I have a 98 dodge 4x4 Ram that I still owe on. EVERY dealer I went to offered like $5000 for it, even tho nada shows like $9700 trade in. They are saying they will give me $8300 for my truck. I know that really they are just coming down on the RTL, but it seems like a reasonable deal since that is 3300 more than the two toyota places I went and also getting the tax credit vs selling to an individual. Thoughts ?

·
Registered
297 Posts
asynk,

If NADA is 9700, then Kelly blue book is about 8500, so you're close. I hate what they do on trade-ins. You would be getting blue book, but I really think they could come up some. I'm not familiar with the tax thing, so can't make a comment on that. Hope everything works out for the good, good luck.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Asynk:
What region are you in ?
You are buying below MSRP !
I have 99 Ody that you are encouraging me to do same ;-)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same tax situation when I put my money down on a Ridgeline with Nav. One dealer offered 28K for my H2, which was a joke. The other offered me the online listed trade-in value, so I took it.

If I had sold that Hummer myself, I would have had to recapture the $$$ I had depreciated through my business, so a trade-in was by far the best option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't been able to login for a few days (firefox issues), but check it out:

I got the RTL !!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!

Got it for 32,005 (MSRP). They even paid the ol dodge off (owed 7300). Just have to finalize the credit union part today and its officially mine.

What's crazy is people are bidding up to $1000 over MSRP on Ebay for these!
I have the 2nd one in town and have already gotten looks and questions for strangers.
Got it from
Aeneas Williams Honda
2603 Washington St
Monroe, LA 71201-6541
(318)387-9112
Ask for Sean (Gen Sales Mgr).

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Congratulations on the new truck. Sounds like you got a good deal as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts