Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I've been a fan of Honda's my whole driving lifetime, but I've been a Subaru fan even before I could legally drive. One day it hit me, who would be brave enough to throw in a rally spec Subaru STi motor into a Ridgeline? I want to, I don't have the money, I don't have the resources but if someone out there is willing to do it, I will allow them lol. :act035: Think of how amazing that would sound and how many heads would turn seeing a ridgeline come barreling down the road with the sound of that disgustingly awesome STi grumble coming out of the 3" straight pipe...now I'm no mechanic nor have any clue if this is possible. But if anyone has any insight or praise...let me know.:hobbes:

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Wake up because your clearly dreaming. It will never ever happen. Not practical or possible without ridiculous money and having 95% or everything custom built and designed. So like I said no way it will ever happen. We will have a turbo kit for the ridgelines motor before this happens. The ridgeline turbo kit is coming out as soon as pigs start flying.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
The real question is why? Sure STi's are great and all but perhaps you should work on the stock motor first.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think a better swap would be the LS4 V8 out of a FWD ’07-’08 Impala SS. Narrow transverse configuration, good torque (323 lb-ft stock), comes with OEM LS6 heads, and responds very well to mods. :act010: But, once you would do that the next weak link would be in the tranny somewhere, like the input shaft.

I am surprised that a firm like Jackson Racing (which is well known for supercharging Hondas) hasn’t taken on a blower project for this vehicle. Yes, I saw the picture of the blown RL from a couple years back that used a Roots blower. Even with 10:1 compression I would think a “mild” 4-5 psi kit would be possible but premium fuel would be required.

http://www.jacksonracing.com/

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Now I'm not sure of that. This is a more sincere if bizarre and foolhardy question, but my troll sense isn't tingling.
How about your spidey sense??:act060:

So far, only one post and he's gone....

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I took a 5.7 Toyota motor and put it in my Ridgeline last weekend.

Only about four hours and regular hand tools.

Looks cool and really runs, about 38 MPG now also.

(I use this in a totally lighthearted way because it fits appropriately with this thread. :act024: )

·
Registered
15 Posts
lol, yeah,good luck making it last longer than a few months before 3 and 4 are down on compression, and your ringland breaks.

Yeah I have subaru experience too

If I was going to swap anything into a ridge, It would be an ls1 (or any other GM v8), along with the drivetrain.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I would recommend looking into a supercharger kit for this engine. Not that they are known to properly exist but keep looking into it.

·
Premium Member
16,728 Posts
Like I said very new and very not so mechanically inclined to all this so I was just asking for advice. I do like the ls motor ideas a lot though.
being that you don't know what you are talking about, this isn't a good project for you. It's a dumb idea regardless. advice: walk away from this thread and pretend you never wrote it

·
Registered
19 Posts
lol, yeah,good luck making it last longer than a few months before 3 and 4 are down on compression, and your ringland breaks.

Yeah I have subaru experience too

If I was going to swap anything into a ridge, It would be an ls1 (or any other GM v8), along with the drivetrain.
That funny you say that b/c I had a 2005 sti and it threw a rod through the block. I rebuilt it and sold it. If you like them so much own them both like I did!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Why dont just put a Acura ZDX 300-hp, 3.7-liter, VTEC® V-6 engine and Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ ;act028:
and the 20" wheels too!!! :act035:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,728 Posts
raka is my favorite person today. I'm going to add that to my collection

+1 rep to you

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
STi are great and all and I wanted one for a long time. but this thread is dumb.
IF Anyting since its a Honda....it should Type S or R.
I agree with the 3.7L 300 horse. but I mentioned that idea once in some other thred and know it all MikeT shot it down. not sure what else honda has in its inventory that is US approved.
Even a 300 horse STi turbo wouldnt do much in this 4500lb truck. you want some smaller turbo power then dump a GT-R motor in here since the new skylines are porky as the RLs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts