Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The body shop decided to go ahead and use the time estimates from the Chevrolet Avalanche to replace my left rear quarter panel, the taillight and repair the dent in the tailgate from my "little" encounter with a semi truck last Tuesday (June 14th). The parts came in as of today from Honda and the truck is due at the body shop next Wednesday (June 29th) for appromixtely a week. The 2006 Honda Ridgeline has yet to make it into the body shop's program for "time estimates" for repairs even though this vehicle has been out on the market for four months now. But, to be fair...I was told this is rather normal for a newly introduced vehicle. The estimate is $2,800.00 and is being "left open" just in case...

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
Nicholas said:
The body shop decided to go ahead and use the time estimates from the Chevrolet Avalanche to replace my left rear quarter panel, the taillight and repair the dent in the tailgate from my "little" encounter with a semi truck last Tuesday (June 14th). The parts came in as of today from Honda and the truck is due at the body shop next Wednesday (June 29th) for appromixtely a week. The 2006 Honda Ridgeline has yet to make it into the body shop's program for "time estimates" for repairs even though this vehicle has been out on the market for four months now. But, to be fair...I was told this is rather normal for a newly introduced vehicle. The estimate is $2,800.00 and is being "left open" just in case...
Helm has already published the Ridgeline Body Repair Manual. It's only $44 and it may be worth it to provide to the body shop.
http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?class%5F2=AHM&mk=Honda&yr=2006&md=Ridgeline&dt=Body+Repair+Manuals&module=&from=result&Style=&Sku=61SJC30&itemtype=N&mscsid=92SCAX8GUW769HGJXHGPDGHLC5247CT7

It's possible the body shop just needs to install an update to their software.

L

·
0 Posts
Sounds like things are moving along for you Nick. I'm glad to hear it. See you Sunday!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CSIMO, the "update" isn't available yet, that was the reason the body-shop was waitting. And thanks Ladyridge...so sorry about you little streak of bad luck though. See you Sunday! Nick

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CSIMO, think I will "lend" them my copy of the 2006 Honda Ridgeline Body Repair Manual and the installation instructions on the body fender flairs with hopes that someone does actually take the time to look them over before something gets damaged in the removal / installation process. Really don't know what more I can do as per my "help"??? Any suggestions please!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts