Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
It looks good to me. The second ad is supposed to show some of the features from what I hear.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I like it. I like how they showed the truck driving over anything other than pavement. I really got a kick out the scene where the truck gets some air!

·
ROC Founder, Admin
2,611 Posts
I saw the other ad during the game tonight and thought it was better than the one linked above. My guests who have not even heard of the RL said, "looks like the Avalanche". Wonder how often we'll hear that comparison in the coming months. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow, an avalanche? That's a weird comparison, what with the avalanche having plastic all over it and having a more conventional truck look to it. Of course, weirder comparisons have been made (like the Element being a "mini" hummer . . . check out the H3, which IS a mini hummer).

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
BlackRidgeline said:
Hey Guys and Girls,

Awesome site here. I have found this Video for tommorows Super Bowl.

*edited with new link
Ridgeline TV Ad
For all the newbies! Suggest you review the Super Bowl commercial. This, I think started the pandemic for the Ridgeline :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Really it was because they were in a rush to get the commercial out so they had to take an unpainted truck from the factory to get the commercial done fast. Since so many people saw the unpainted truck in the commercial they really needed to let a few slip out of the factory this way or people would have been asking about it all the time. It is like pushing a bolder down hill, once it starts rolling it is hard to stop.

L

·
0 Posts
captmiddy said:
Really it was because they were in a rush to get the commercial out so they had to take an unpainted truck from the factory to get the commercial done fast. Since so many people saw the unpainted truck in the commercial they really needed to let a few slip out of the factory this way or people would have been asking about it all the time. It is like pushing a bolder down hill, once it starts rolling it is hard to stop.
Read and weep my friend.
Keep on slippin' Honda. Keep on slippin'. :p
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=32616&highlight=color+world#post32616

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
You know, you would think if they aren't going to paint them they should be cheaper than the actually painted ones. Perhaps they are using the Silver to subsidize price which allows them to afford the $1000 incentive now. The more silver ones they let slip out the door the closer they get to profitability on the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very cool! I haven't seen this one yet... Man, I love seeing Ridgeline commercials!!! I do like seeing the Ridge "in action", and not just pulling a boat and tossing a fish to a bear... (Still a great commercial, but I really enjoy the "action" shots!)
Stay tuned!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I thought the ad was bad. But I would rather have a bad ad and a great vehicle than a great ad and a lousy vehicle. They obviously weren't trying to sell a truck per se, but a feeling that would get you to buy the truck...in any case I wasn't sold.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts