Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been with the ROC for sometime now, but have not posted anything to it. However, I thought everyone should know how good of a pickup they own. My son and I were involved in a wreck about a month ago with my 2006 RTS and it has sold me on how well Honda built this pickup. We were going through a 4 way stop when a 16 year old ran a stop sign and it us perfectly at the door beam in between the drivers front and rear door. He was going around 30mph and never hit the brakes. My ridgeline was turned 90 degrees and he was all the way though the intersection. The side curtin airbags are unbelievable and I will never own another auto without them. I came out of it with just a bruise on my left cheek and my son was not hurt any at all. I have owned the ridgeline for about 2 years and I can not wait to get it back from the repair shop. Keep driven and having fun.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
This is an endorsement one never wants to make on their own truck. I'm so glad there were no injuries of consequence. It's a great truck with hidden benefits we hope to never need.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Amen to that.. i would really like to see some more pics, especially from the side view and from the front. my buddys dad works at american honda R&D and im sure he would like to check out those pics.

thank god no one was hurt.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Ouch Mattl.

I have a Redrock Pearl and that is hard to look at.

So glad you and your son were not hurt.

Post more often when you get back to normal.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,351 Posts
I'm glad to here that no one was hurt seriously. The truck looks like it held up well. Willing to share what the repair estimate came out to be? Just curious.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank goodness no one was seriously injured. Any chance you could post some pictures of the interior?

Best regards,
rhubarb

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear of your accident, thankfully everyone is healthy. It's nice to know the RL is as solid as it feels and holds up quite well in a side impact.

I'm curious about the repair costs, too. I hope the repairs are done to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I'm glad both you and your son are ok. What a great driving lesson for him (assuming he doesn't drive now).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Remember signing the papers on the truck... thinking WOW.... lots of money.
Now it's worth every penny.
I hope I never have to get my moneys worth outta my truck in that way...
but if I do... I'll be glad it was a Ridgeline too.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
yes glad you are both ok, thanks for sharing your experience. hope your truck gets fixed asap.

pretty upsetting to know the kid who hit you never hit the brakes :eek: was he distracted?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Wow good thing everyone's alright. Its' nice to see the Ridge held up pretty well in accident such as this. This is the worse accident that I can imagine. it's also nice that the side air bag did its job as intended. What was the other car that struck you? Judging by the damage it seem to be a subcompact car of some sort.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Glad to hear everyone is alright! Was your son in the back seat or the front? Just curious, as my 3 year-old rides in his Britax in the back.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Glad to see everybody was OK!
SAFETY (for my wife & two daughters) is the main reason I bought my RL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes glad you are both ok, thanks for sharing your experience. hope your truck gets fixed asap.

pretty upsetting to know the kid who hit you never hit the brakes :eek: was he distracted?
He claims the sun was in his eyes, but later I found out by the insurance adjuster that it was his second accident in a week. That really made me ticked when I heard that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow good thing everyone's alright. Its' nice to see the Ridge held up pretty well in accident such as this. This is the worse accident that I can imagine. it's also nice that the side air bag did its job as intended. What was the other car that struck you? Judging by the damage it seem to be a subcompact car of some sort.
It was actually a late 90's Mercury Villager Minivan. Not much of a front end left on it. So knowing the weight difference was close to a 1000 pounds and he still turned me 90 degrees was quite impressive. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Amen to that.. i would really like to see some more pics, especially from the side view and from the front. my buddys dad works at american honda R&D and im sure he would like to check out those pics.

thank god no one was hurt.
Sorry, this is the only other picture that I was able to get. I wish I would have got one of the interior. The side curtin airbags came out of the roof. Tell you buddy's dad to keep up the hard work. It is people like him that I am able to talk about only having a bruise on my check and no major injuries.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad to hear everyone is alright! Was your son in the back seat or the front? Just curious, as my 3 year-old rides in his Britax in the back.
My son was actually in the front seat and will not ride there any longer. He is a good sized 9 year old and we were only going 8 blocks away, but a hard lesson learned for me to know where he should always be.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts