Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
My son was actually in the front seat and will not ride there any longer. He is a good sized 9 year old and we were only going 8 blocks away, but a hard lesson learned for me to know where he should always be.
So true. My Dad had a MAJOR accident at one of the worst intersections in town and was the only two blocks away from home. My Mom even heard the sirens.

He was driving one of the older Nissan (pre-Frontier moniker) extended cab trucks and was heading home after dropping me off at my school across town for testing. He was making a left turn to go onto the road heading to our house when he was t-boned by some young punk (no insurance, left town afterwards) in an older Dodge Charger. Since the truck was lifted and 4WD the truck was knocked onto its left side with his arm out the window. He damaged his rotator cuff, got severe road rash on his left arm and broke many ribs along with a concussion. The truck was totaled.

Had I been in rear passenger extended cab seat I would've been killed or seriously paralyzed. If my Mom was in the front passenger seat she would've been even more injured. The whole passenger side was pushed in and you could obviously see bent frame damage. The only window not broken or shattered was the rear window, and the rescue team had to break it to pull my Dad out.

I feel thankful to drive a truck, and a SAFE one at that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So true. My Dad had a MAJOR accident at one of the worst intersections in town and was the only two blocks away from home. My Mom even heard the sirens.

He was driving one of the older Nissan (pre-Frontier moniker) extended cab trucks and was heading home after dropping me off at my school across town for testing. He was making a left turn to go onto the road heading to our house when he was t-boned by some young punk (no insurance, left town afterwards) in an older Dodge Charger. Since the truck was lifted and 4WD the truck was knocked onto its left side with his arm out the window. He damaged his rotator cuff, got severe road rash on his left arm and broke many ribs along with a concussion. The truck was totaled.

Had I been in rear passenger extended cab seat I would've been killed or seriously paralyzed. If my Mom was in the front passenger seat she would've been even more injured. The whole passenger side was pushed in and you could obviously see bent frame damage. The only window not broken or shattered was the rear window, and the rescue team had to break it to pull my Dad out.

I feel thankful to drive a truck, and a SAFE one at that.

The only reason I reason I thank God for where is was is that he usually rides in the back seat behind the drivers seat and that could have turned out a lot worse for us.

Sounds like your Dads wreck was pretty bad. It is so nice to know how many safty features are considered on pickups these days. I do not think there is a pickup made today that beats the Ridgeline. : )

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
The only reason I reason I thank God for where is was is that he usually rides in the back seat behind the drivers seat and that could have turned out a lot worse for us.

Sounds like your Dads wreck was pretty bad. It is so nice to know how many safty features are considered on pickups these days. I do not think there is a pickup made today that beats the Ridgeline. : )
A bigger safer truck? I do wish the Ridgeline was bigger because, as they say, bigger is better.

DOWN the line I think I may eventually end up trading the Ridgeline for either the diesel-hybrid version in RTL trim (2010/2011) or a diesel-hybrid Toyota Tundra.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts